A couple of weeks on

I have been given a lot of support and advice on this site, but have not posted for a couple of weeks as wanted to see how things would develop with me including taking the Citalopram tablets from the GP.
The tears of course still come. Usually at unexpected moments. Though when visiting my wife’s grave last week I really broke down and a young man came over to ask if I was okay.
There are still some items indoors that I need to dispose of, including a small wheelchair she used upstairs, as I get flashbacks when I see them.

The tablets seem to have calmed me down a bit but I am well aware when they start to wear off.

Life still seems pointless and not worth living. Nothing is important or fun without her. But I assume my feelings are normal?
Sorry to write so much about myself, but it helps writing it and I don’t know where else I can.
My best wishes to you all who are fellow sufferers.

Thank you Shelia, You have expressed so much better than I how I feel. Each day there was a laugh and fun. Even when ill she was here and I could care for her. Now I can do nothing but miss her so very much. Whatever I do wherever I go is pointless. meaningless. I so much know how you feel Shelia and only wish I had an answer that would help. But I do not. I can only give sympathy.

My deepest heartfelt wishes to you.
Blizzard.