A Grey Feather

Yesterday when I arrived at my shop, there was a long grey feather beside my car park space.

It’s been a year and 2 months since my daughter Amy died. The sadness is still there. On work days I can hide my grief behind a smiling face.

I have halved my dose of anti depression medication as directed by the doctor, and I get occasional sad days. I want to stop taking the medication completely and I’m hoping that I will be ok. There’s no doubting that I will never get over losing Amy.

As long as I still see the odd feather, I feel that she’s close.

How is everyone else doing?

1 Like

Did you find the Anti D helped ? Im only 12 weeks in and GP has just prescribed me some?

When looking through the draws,we found a old camera film.I took it to a shop to get it developed . There was just two photos on it one of my son who died in July and one of me and him. I have put the photos on portraits of our other half .

1 Like

I read your post and the same, I’ve had a couple of long grey feathers next to my car parking space at work recently. It’s 100% a sign in my eyes, I’m always looking for signs. It was 3 months yesterday since my daughter Chloe passed. It’s a rollercoaster of emotions, and I cry every day and put on a fake smile for work too. It’s draining. Also waiting for pm results and been told likely end of year. I don’t know what the future holds. I have 2 other daughters. Chloe was my eldest. Just turned 28. It’s a complex grief with a lot to process. Not interested in Christmas at all. Just want it all over.
I hope you find a little peace today, take care xx

1 Like

yes they helped. I’m now coming off them slowly.