A loss of a spouse

Before i met Bri i never really understood the term ‘my other half’. But when you meet your soulmate thats how they make you feel, they complete you. Which is why its so unbelievably hard when theyre not with us anymore. You literally feel incomplete, like weve lost half of ourselves. , and we’ll never be the same again xx

7 Likes

Wow! So very true. I think people have to have been there to truly understand! I read so many posts on this site and think, yes that’s how I feel! Sending love to everyone on the dreadful journey! J x

4 Likes

One year on from losing husband of 38 years you have summed up how it feels exactly

3 Likes

Hi Hazel 66
I entirely agree with your post Its just how I feel and after 11 mths I still miss John so much.

I think friends and family who read this might understand a bit better just how we feel and why we still get so upset and find life so cruel.

Love to you xx

3 Likes

@Shelley50 thank you…yes it is so true. Life will never be the same without our love ones. Big hugs xx

I totally agree with you . Even though my husband died 3 years 5 months ago I miss him badly. My eating habits have changed , I don’t really cook much unless family come round , which isn’t often . I eat cereals more than anything. I’ve had a few falls through not concentrating. Sprained both my ankles within weeks of each other. I still don’t sleep very well. I don’t want to leave my home or have any interest in doing anything. It’s very difficult to carry in at times . But when people ask how are you my answer is , I’m fine

2 Likes

You’ve covered every experience, just wish someone could cover the answers or at least some of them! Small comfort, but know you are not alone. Xx

1 Like

I too lost my husband in March and this is so very true. My Phill used to make all the decisions because I hated having to deal with things and now I can’t talk to him about sorting the house out or sorting out bills etc. like most others I tried to sit out watching the moon and the stars the other night but it’s not the same as we often sat in the garden at night. Everything does change. I don’t eat the same, I can’t be bothered with tv as Phill is not here to talk about what has happened in films/dramas etc. Life is not worth it without him :broken_heart::broken_heart:

8 Likes

So utterly true. When my husband died part of me died too and I will never ever be the same person again. He had dementia and i wanted him to pass away because the ravages of dementia would have got worse and worse. For the last 20 weeks of his life he was in a nursing home as the dementia accelerated swiftly after a hospital stay and Covid so his life was just sleeping and unable to move a single limb and he eventually stopped eating and drinking but I would give anything just to sit by his bedside and hold his hand and gently comfort him. He is at peace but I will never be at peace without him. Sometimes just can’t bear the loss of him. He died 13 months ago but it feels like yesterday…only worse.

4 Likes

I am so sorry @Pat91 you lost your husband 13 months ago to dementia, it must have been devastating. My darling husband passed away eight months ago to cancer and to see how his body was ravaged was truly heartbreaking.
Like you, I will never feel the same, I miss my husband more each day and still cry.
I cannot listen to music without getting upset, watch tv programmes we watched together and don’t enjoy eating alone. It is very difficult going to places we went to together and, at the moment, cannot see me going away on holiday.
I try to keep positive and meet family and friends but then, it’s home again to an empty apartment. I hate living alone but do feel him around me and talk to him a lot.
We have to take every day at a time, some days better than others but there is always a memory that hits us and the sadness returns.
Sending best wishes, we are all on this awful journey of grief here and support one another.

2 Likes

At the 8 months and 2 weeks mark and life is still awful…sometimes i hear myself screaming in my head but outwardly I smile and say all good…I’ve started in the last couple of weeks sitting in our dressing room surrounded by his clothing and footwear. Its calming and so pleased that I didn’t give everything away. I joined a Widows Group which gets me out but still feel isolated. However, that feeling I have of something missing and a sense of loss I see it in their faces…but the group is for now a good thing for me, as I have no family near me and we never had children…@hazel you describe the no mans land and widow brain precisely. Take care everyone :heart: :two_hearts: :people_hugging:

5 Likes

Exactly the same day as me when i lost my husband … its still so sad isnt it and im still so sad ! Everyday i wake up and miss him and it was our wedding anniversary yesterday :frowning: i went to my daughters yesterday but feel so sad today … thinking about what ive lost and nobody really understands do they! I didn’t chose this , i didnt want it ! Life is so bloody unfair :frowning: xx

2 Likes

I lost my daughter 7 weeks ago and am really angry as she was let down by the services I don’t no how to deal with this I’m really struggling and sad for her sister and nephew xx :gem::broken_heart:

2 Likes

Aw … bless you . Sorry for your loss ! Its really not good enough the care in this country is it !! They’re so bothered about helping other countries … they seem to forget about the people in this damn country who paid their taxes all their life ! And for what ! A crap service !!! Xx

Perfect description of my present situation after losing my wife 11 weeks ago to Leukemia. She was a truly beautiful woman inside and out with a very sharp intellect,however I could only see how damaging the cancer was now that I look at photos from the last 2 years.
I see you live on Anglesey,we spent so much of the last two years in Treadur Bay and surrounding areas,I met her when she lived in Beumaris so Anglesey is a very very precious place for us.
I do hope that your situation improves over time but what you/we are going through is immeasurable in terms of grieving.
Kind thoughts from me.

1 Like

It’s sad but totally agree the nhs is not fit for purpose but sadly there mistakes won’t bring my daughter back :broken_heart:

1 Like

Hello @Miker so sorry for your loss sending hugs and strength in what i now refer to as the ‘Ghost Days’

Anglesey was and is a place and home we loved and I still love take care :people_hugging::two_hearts:

1 Like

The NHS is only going to get worse with even Consultants and junior doctors going on strike together.
We have a wonderful and caring doctor at my practice and yesterday my brother had a minor surgical procedure carried out by this doctor. My brother took the opportunity to ask him what his thoughts were about the NHS. He isn’t in the BMA and is thoroughly disgusted with the consultants and junior doctors, and the NHS in general. He fears more and more for patients who have to be caught up with the
appalling service and negligence which is now common. Our surgery is doing all it can to avoid patients having to go to hospital for minor procedures but, of course, it is limited.

1 Like

@Deb5 As before I agree with you Deb All they had to do was give Zek a new pill ,that’s all it was a new pill to extend his life a bit.I had to keep chasing the appointment .When we eventually got the appointment it was for 3 Nov my birthday(best present I would have ever had)
Poor Zeki said I’m not excited I think it is too late ,it was he died on 29 Sep…
So many failings .This country just doesn’t put its funds where it is deserved with its own subjects.Zeki worked hard all of his life.I unfortunately cant remark any further as one can’t speak the truth in this country. We just have to accept everything and keep our mouths shut.The ballot box doesn’t even make a difference.
Oh well that is what destiny pulled out of the bag for Zeki and I .Everything is so sad so tragic for us all.
Annxx

1 Like

I know … same here … wont bring my husband back either … we have to somehow get through this and its so hard … x

1 Like