A loss of a spouse

46 Likes

And that sums it up nicely! Thanks @Hazel.1966

4 Likes

Never a truer word. Every single thing.

3 Likes

How very true, and no matter how prepared you think you are - you never can imagine how your life changes.I’m a few months in and doing ok I suppose most of the time and then suddenly I’m a complete wreck .I can’t really think of the future - just getting through each day is enough for the moment.Thanks for sharing thoughts on this journey we didn’t want to take.

11 Likes

Absolutely true. Every single line. Maybe people who don’t understand what we are going through, should read this.

5 Likes

@Maz6 absolutely as people who haven’t lost a spouse have no idea as not walking in our shoes x

5 Likes

@Hazel.1966 That is simply the complete package !
Love Annx

3 Likes

@Hazel.1966
Thank you for sharing, It completely puts our suffering into words.

4 Likes

Wow … so true :frowning: but i know this already because i just feel.like my whole world has been turned upside down ! I feel different, i know im a different person now :frowning: but the thing i hate most is doing stuff by myself without him … that hurts the most … its just not the same ! xx

6 Likes

They really haven’t got a clue have they ? I dont even think my children get it half the time ! My son been sweet recently though. So like his dad. I hope it lasts xxx
You now what as well … we might as well be speaking a different language ! But that just shows you how bad people are at understanding it in our society xx

4 Likes

Yeh very true !!! Maybe sue ryder could publish it on their website ? I think people need to know ? Xx

1 Like

@Hazel.1966 So true xx

@Deb5
It’s also the fact they aren’t there to advise, I was trying to make a decision the other day, and it was horrible not being able to talk to him about it. The feeling of emptiness is always there.

4 Likes

The worst thing I find is that your brain plays horrible tricks because a few times I thought I must tell my husband this then you remember :cry:

3 Likes

@Hazel.1966
That’s constantly happening to me.
He loved watching the Proms and I happened to see Simon Rattle was conducting last night, I started to call and tell him but suddenly remembered. It really is a nightmare.

2 Likes

@Hazel.1966
This is exactly what losing a spouse is, as they were a part of you that no one can ever replace, I lost my husband in May and it doesn’t seem to be getting any easier, you have to walk this path to even comprehend the agony we are going through, I have lost close family not so long ago so I thought that I knew the pain of losing someone I loved, I never really knew it at all until I lost my darling husband, I not only lost him, I also lost myself :broken_heart:

8 Likes

Yeh i totally agree with that ! Hard making decisions alone ! I try to think what my husband would say … :frowning: not easy though as they aren’t here to ask x

And another thing … blue moon last night … i was thinking of that song : blue moon , you saw me standing alone, without a love of my own … etc … so true for us :frowning: ( sorry ! ) xx

@Deb5
You see, there’s always something somewhere to remind us of our loved ones, we cannot get away from it.

2 Likes

I too looked at the moon last night and thought about times my husband and I looked at the stars etc, especially during lockdown when we spent so much time in the garden.
Funny that many of us in this awful position were feeling lonely staring at the moon when in fact we were all together doing just that.
I have accepted today that it’s going to be a long road for me and to stop fighting the grief and just go with it for now :heart:

Sorry put this on the wrong post :roll_eyes:

1 Like