A positive thought

I’m currently on holiday with my daughter and her husband at a place very close to my heart where my husband and I had some very happy times. It’s hard, but I’m feeling loved and supported.
I’ve not read any of the threads here for a while but whilst catching up one thing that is coming across so strongly is the love we all had for our lost partners and although I’m feeling as though half of me is missing, nearly 12 weeks on I’m starting to appreciate that like so many here, I had an amazing love in my life that so many people will never have. Yes, it makes the loss so much harder to bear, but there is no way I would trade a minute of my time for an unhappy, unfulfilled relationship. I would never have chosen to be in this position, and am struggling to find a way forward, but I look back and try to smile through my tears because I truly believe one wonderful love lost is better than none at all.

3 Likes

I agree so much,I am absolutely broken without my lovely,but so lucky to have had 30 years of happiness and love,never dreamt I could be so happy,but now it is so hard isn’t it.I am grateful for my lovely sister and friends who are carrying me through this hell.Had a really bad week so low and one evening I drove to the cemetery and stayed there all night and most of the next day.It’s crazy what your brain does to you isn’t it.I have a dear friend staying with me for a few days now,Much love to everyone on this site,I haven’t contributed anything lately but have been reading all your posts.Thinking of you all ,Corinna xx

Love this positivity. Counting love and blessings in life are far more important than loss. We all face death and that inevitable transition but what is a true blessing is the love we found on this journey of life and recognising it and that is what makes every heartbeat worth while x

Corinna, we are wishing hard for you right now…may your sunny smile return one day very soon. Until then we send you and all your furry friends our friendship and love, x

Hi Corinna,

I’m so sorry to hear that you had such a low week, and that you ended up staying at your husband’s graveside overnight.

It sounds as though you could really do with some support and I am glad to hear that you have a friend staying with you, as well as the support of the Online Community.

You can also make an appointment with your GP and ask to be referred to counselling or other support services in your area.

We offer online bereavement counselling to members of this community. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this service here: https://support.sueryder.org/bereavement-counselling

You deserve care and support so please, Corinna, get in touch with one of these services.

Take care,
Priscilla

I agree with all of you dear people.I also was so lucky to have had a very happy marriage but didn’t expect for it to end so soon.My husband passed away in April at only 67 .I am 65.It’s such a loss.But as you all say lucky to have had that love for 40yrs.And wonderful memories.But still have togo through this horrific grieving process.Love to you all.Jeanette.x

Thankyou xx

Oh yes, you all are saying just what I feel. Quite recently a lady who’s husband was very close to going said to me that each day we should look for one blessing and find just one to keep us going. I have done that and yes it makes you think.
xxx

What lovely advice,thankyou for sharing it with us xx

xx

Corinna, so pleased to hear from you again but so sorry you are struggling and had a bad time recently. Some days are so tough. I will be in touch.
Love to you Pat xx

Wholeheartedly agree, when we get through the heartbreak and can see through the tears, we have had love in our lives. I thought that I would never have a happy marriage then I met Brian and thirty years on I can say yes, it was a happy time with a lovely man that I was so proud of. We have been lucky, we have been loved, we have been blessed.
Through the heartbreak we may have forgotten this so thanks for reminding us of this.

Pat

Hi Pat,Sorry i’ve not been in touch lately.To be honest i’ve been a bit of a shambles How are things?I think of you all,in our struggle.Today was a good day and I make the most of them! Love to everyone Corinna xx

“Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all”.

Shakespeare knew about loss. I know for those in the early stages of grief, (whatever that may mean!), it may seem just words. But I m so grateful for the time my wife and I had together.
Blessings.

Thank you for reminding me of those special words Shakespere wrote.So true.

Excellent and very powerful, count our blessings. Nothing and no one can take that away from each and every one of us.
You take care.
Sxxx

Had a productive day achieved a lot"…then the tears came out of no where I always struggle on Tuesdays and I’m hitting the 6 month point ! I want to believe things will be better tomorrow, I seem to be going backwards again my eating and sleeping habits are effed up again. Is this normal?

It’s only 4 months since my husband passed away and I can start crying at any time and any where .It just comes over me.You are not alone .I normally sleep well ( when it’s not hot like at the moment)because I’m emotionally exhausted.And it hasn’t effected my appitite as yet.Take care.