A user here hasn't had many replies and is lonely

Hi Jayne … I’m so sorry to hear of your losses. It’s unbearable isn’t it … I’m glad you have your husband to help you through it. We got through it somehow … took it in turns to be strong I think. Like you … it often hits me like a tsunami … how can they both be gone. And now my husband/soulmate is gone too… how can one person lose their whole family. It’s awful. Yes you have to keep goi g for your remaining g daughter too … must be so hard for her. Sending you live a d strength, Sue :two_hearts::butterfly::two_hearts::butterfly::two_hearts:

Sue:
Your posts are so inspiring- please keep sharing. Quite how you have the strength is beyond me. I’m so very sorry- such an inadequate word- that you’ve lost your whole family :broken_heart: yet you’re still able to offer support to others. That’s a wonderful thing to look outwards to others and not inwards at your own grief.

I try to be like my Mum. She’s lost two grandsons, her daughter in law, my Dad has dementia and is in care as is her brother, my uncle. She’s crippled with RA and osteoporosis yet she keeps on going. This time last year all these people were still with us. Seems like a bomb has gone off. We’re grateful for having known and loved such beautiful souls.

Big hugs and love to you.
Purple

1 Like

Oh gosh I am so so sorry for your loss. I have just lost my daughter in March of this year and the pain is terrible so I know what are going through. I am not sure I can help you in any way only maybe an ear? Like you I feel so lonely, even though I have friends and family around me. Am not sure what to say as I know no matter what people say it doesn’t take the pain away. We just have to stay strong and I dontry and concentrate on happy memories xx

1 Like

Hi Purple and thanks for your kind words. You a d your family have been through a lot too. I think I, too,take inspiration from my
Mum … she is 90 a d still so caring about everyone else … my dad has memory loss and hearing problems but she looks after his m so well in spite of her own health not being so good. I feel sorry that she has had to lose two grandsons as well as see me lose my husband, her son in law. I am still here daughter whatever age I am … only two weeks ago I was there (they are in Dorset and I am in Lincoln) with my sister a d she said you do t have to be on your own you can always come ‘home’ you always have a home here with us! Bless her heart … she is so caring. I am not used to taking care of me … only others … so I find it hard. I have PTSD do have episodes of being triggered a d ha ing awful nightmares etc for a few days at a time. People have been so kind and I am thankful for that… today I went out for afternoon tea with our friends … we all used to go out together… they still pick me up once or twice a week and call in for a coffee now and again. I can do everything myself but they will always help if I need it. I think all we can do is keep on keeping on a d help each other tge best way we can. Love from me, Sue :butterfly::butterfly::butterfly:

Hi Jude53 do t think we can say much to help one another … it’s so hard a d so sad. But I think just to know others understand a d a kind word here and there is more than enough. We have al lost loved ones we are all hurting… writing in a journal helped me a lot earlier on … now I just do it on bad days. Just getting those awful feelings down on paper seems to help calm my mind a bit do us worth a try. Grief is the price we pay for live someone once told me … I think maybe that is right. I have had such a lot of love … I wouldn’t change a thing I did. For ever wouldn’t have been long enough I dont suppose. Love from me, Sue :butterfly::butterfly::butterfly:

1 Like

It is hard isn’t it and i’m Conscious of trying not to cry when people are there, I don’t want people to start avoiding me. Think until you have lost a child you don’t appreciate the pain. It’s just not the order things are meant to happen, but you know what deep down inside we are all strong and there will be light at the end of the tunnel for us, it just may take a little longer for some x

Jude totally agree … it’s hard … so hard. I do g line to cause a fuss so tend to isolate a lot if I feel down… or am
Having a bad few days. People say you should say how you really feel but most people would run a mile if they could read my thoughts :two_hearts::broken_heart::two_hearts:

1 Like

I’m the same some days, it’s a struggle to get out of bed and can’t wait to get back in. But i’m Sure it will get better and I know my daughter would hate to see me like this, you have to remain strong and positive that’s what I tell myself xx

2 Likes

@Purple, Thanks so much for caring about @twinkle66. Hopefully when she logs on again, she will see that you, @Jayne2, @Rach25, @Honeybee31, @Pedro521, @Robette and @Jude53 are all here for her whenever she needs someone. She isn’t alone and is much loved here, and you guys are legends.

4 Likes

… and so are you Abdullah for posting on twinkle66’s behalf. I hope she will feel less alone and know that people really do care :two_hearts::butterfly::two_hearts::butterfly::two_hearts:

3 Likes

No need for anyone to be alone, sometimes offloading onto someone you don’t know but understands is all it needs. Keep safe everyone, let’s try start tomorrow off with a smile.

3 Likes

Hope Twinkle66 is doing ok and I hope she feels supported here at the end of the day unfortunately it’s the one thing we all have in common

4 Likes

You are such a kind person @Abdullah.
@twinkle66 I am so sorry for your loss. I can’t imagine what losing one child would be like let alone two. I hope you get the support you need from all the people who have replied and you start to feel a bit more supported. Sending massive hugs
Shona x

1 Like

Hi I am so sorry for your lose I know my self what you are going through mine is not the same has your two sons my daughter was killed by a car when she was 9 my son took his life in July I am past heart broken why why I have daughter and son but I’m on my own no help what so ever my daughter can’t deal with it I am at the end lossing your children I don’t know how to deal with it any more the pain you can’t tell any one I am 66 and my health has gone I can just about get out of bed I am here if you would like to talk xxx

1 Like

I’m so sorry you know this pain. I don’t know how we survive it really. My eldest son died eight years ago aged 33, then remaining son three years ago aged 36, followed by my husband eighteen months ago. So now only me left … it’s so hard to deal with. I hope you have friends/family around you to help. Take care of you. Live from me, Sue :two_hearts::butterfly::two_hearts:

1 Like

Hi I am so sorry for you my heart breaks for you I feel the pain for you I have my daughter and son but they are heart broken I have no one else it’s like everyone you love is taken away if had so many deaths my daughter husband brother sister friend now my son any time I’m here for you all my thoughts are with you xx

Hi and Thankyou for your kindness. It’s so hard isn’t it … I feel like everyone I love will die! I can’t believe my life has ended up like this. Sending you love and strength too, Sue :butterfly::butterfly::butterfly:

1 Like

Dear Sue,
I’ve been thinking of you and what you said about everyone we love dying. I understand that. I’ve just had yet another loss, my uncle who was like. Dad to me.( My own Dad is still with us) ironically he passed on 13th November which was s my Dad’s birthday.

For some reason I’ve accepted his death…he was frail and had vascular dementia but then contracted Covid19. Perhaps we get used to death? Or perhaps it’s because of the circumstances?

I’m so sorry for my Mum…it’s her brother :cry: she is so sad but is still getting up every day and keeping going.

It’s just a matter of time for all of us so I’m trying to enjoy each day. Love and hugs to you Sue.

Purple x

I feel the same if just been my daughter’s can’t stop crying I feel has if can’t go on the pain is to much you are not on your own I am here for you any time xx

2 Likes

Hi and bless your heart. I’m so sorry… death is so final and shocking. I hope both you abd your mum are doing ok. Hugs from me, Sue :two_hearts::tulip::two_hearts: