A visit

I lost my darling wife 32 weeks ago today. I have read many things about messages from beyond and have seen feathers and butterflies but today I was working in my garage and went back to the lounge and there was a very strong smell of perfume. I know for sure that my wife is visiting in spirit and comforting me as I am struggling with her loss.

21 Likes

So comforting for you. I hope you get more visits. They are always with us I believe. xxx

7 Likes

I lost my partner two years ago and I truly believe he is still with me I often smell his after shave and experience visions of flickering lights every few weeks it’s hard to explain but take comfort from the signs I do as it shows they don’t really leave us.

6 Likes

It is lovely to get signs . The weird one I had was that for years we only saw two bats at night . I heard this strange noise from my neighbours house and in two nights a total of 26 bats flew out . That’s his birthday and. he loved bats and Batman . It was so strange

3 Likes

i havent noticed too much but my son has a few times in the bedroom that hubby had and now my son has, especially around the date he died each month, not every month but at certain times. plus over the yrs we had 2 german shephards, now they are always about. we hear one jump off the bed upstairs and the other thump down in thehall plus we get the smell of wet dog and sometimes farts lol. with one of them things used to disappear and we always found keys in their place, all sorts of keys, none of which ever belonged to us. i have a box full that i have collected over the yrs

1 Like

I think there’s signs around us but only when you need them and not looking for them

4 Likes

I had a bang upstairs and a tcp smell for an hour . My dad used it a lot , my husband didn’t . Maybe my dad came to comfort me . It was early in the loss of my husband

2 Likes

@Nori and @Jol when my nana died 7 years ago robins use to appear everywhere my husband said I was daft thinking it was a sign on Wednesday this robin come in the garden very close and sang a song for ages I just looked in disbelieve so I went in got my phone and recorded it, it was long and slim (he was tall and slim) then I remembered I always said stop singing my ears are bleeding when he sang. That robin brought me so much comfort

6 Likes

2 weeks ago I had feathers 3 days running and I said to him piss off im not ready yet but the robin blew me away he knew how to get me. I hope he does because at the right time they mean so much.
Hope your managing ok x

2 Likes

Thats fantastic to know, thank you

That’s lovely Geoff. There are times that I feel that my husband is with me in spirit.
I find it a great comfort.
I lost my Howard in February.

2 Likes

I lost my wonderful husband 36 weeks today and I miss him more each day. I do feel he is with me, particularly in the evenings when I am sitting quietly. I am being positive, I go out, meet friends and joined U3A yesterday, but the everlasting pain is always there.
I have found white feathers but more significantly, a visit on two separate occasions from a red butterfly. The first one landed on a wall with no vegetation around, just as we were leaving for the church to have his ashes interred. It seemed to look at me before flying away. It gave me comfort at that very poignant time.
I live in an apartment and one day whilst I was drying my hair, something made me turn and look towards the balcony windows which were open, and there was a butterfly sitting on top of the railings, again no vegetation and I am on the first floor. I was having a very sad morning and it comforted me.
Take care as we soldier along this long painful road of grief.

7 Likes

I too have had similar signs and visits.
I had to put a new window in a hous e we rent out 2 weeks ago (my beautiful wife passed 18 July)
My wife knows im not keen on doing these sort of jobs. The house is in a built up street so no flowers or grassy gardens. I put the window frame and glass in thinking all the time about my wife and how proud she would be of me getting this job done. I was inside looking at the cill and THEN the tenant said to me wow look at that… as I lifted my head, directly in my face at eye level on the outside of the galss was an incredibly beautiful large red black butterfly… my heary almost stopped.
The tenant said never seen anything like that before.
I am convinced … a visit from my beautiful wife.
Ive had several other visits and signs too, I’m more than happy to share.

2 Likes

That’s fabulous @John1066 . I am also seeing lots of white feathers near me in the garden . I’m sure it’s my Andrew . Medium next month . I hope he connects with me

1 Like

@John1066, I was very interested to hear your butterfly story, it’s incredible. Again, like mine there was no vegetation around.
The beautiful red butterfly that seemed to come to me, as we were going to the church, really amazed me. The timing was so extraordinary.
I acknowledge that none of us know anything about the true meaning of these ‘signs’ but if they bring comfort, that’s all to the good.

1 Like

@Rome18 thats wonderful . I have had feathers and a solar light flashed in the daytime as I walked towards it in the garden

1 Like

@Jol, It does make one think, doesn’t it?
My husband was fanatical about good sound and had set up a sound bar and three small speakers around the lounge for the tv and radio. When he was no longer able to go into the lounge, he told me they would no longer work properly as he managed through his iPad.
I was also told the same by a BT engineer, who wanted to remove them, I would not let him!
Fast forward a few weeks after I had lost him, and I noticed that one speaker had its small white light on, checking the other two also had a white light on. When not operating, the lights are orange.
The same thing has happened three times. So, an electrical interference? Apparently, can be another sign.

2 Likes

@Rome18 that is definitely something to say he is with you I believe . I need these little things

1 Like

Id love to know how you get on with the medium. Ive never been to one.

Yes they are beautiful and fill me with strength, they cannot be coincidence