A year ago today

It is a year ago today that I lost my father to prostate cancer, within that year I have recently lost my beloved sister in June also. I feel completely in shock at losing them both in quick succession and my sister seemed so healthy until recently. I would be very grateful if anyone could give me any tips on how to cope, I type this post with tears rolling down my face as I find life so difficult and raw with emotion. My Dad and sister are buried together and I left some roses on their grave today. Someone said the only way is through the grief and in a forward direction but I’m not sure what that means day to day x

2 Likes

Hi Penguin

Thank you so much for sharing this with the community :blue_heart: I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I just wanted to let you know that you have been heard and you are not alone.

We know that everyone deals with anniversaries differently, but you might find this article helpful Remembering a loved one: death anniversary | Sue Ryder

Take good care,
Rhi

Sorry for your loss. All I can say is take it hour by hour on bad days, and good days will appear. I lost my Mum Oct 2020, my Dad Dec 2021 and my son March this year. Totally lost day. We will get there hopefully :heart: xx