About the Losing a parent category

You’re clearly a lot stronger than you know to be true.
I know this because you are here, your actively seeking help
letting trauma go isn’t easy, but you deserve the best life and you need to remind yourself of that every day!

Wishing you loads of luck and love xx
:white_heart:

1 Like

Bless you thank you xx

Hi
I know how you feel i lost my step dad in febuary 2023 from cancer and in november 2023 i lost my mum which was so sudden and such a shock and i feel so broken and lost xxx

Yes bless you I can imagine. I still can’t get over the loss of my mum 12 years ago she was in an accident with me and I feel so guilty. I’ve not grieved for her and I miss her so much. I’m trying to get help.
I hope you feel a little less broken and lost but I know it isn’t a quick fix like everyone would like it to be. Take care xx

1 Like

Hi. I just joined this community after experiencing episodes of sadness , anger , guilt and frustration. I lost my handsome dad to the cold hands of death at age 76. Some might say well he’s a bit old, but nothing ever prepares you for grief. All of a sudden I became Fatherless. What hurt the most is the fact that I’ve not physically seen my old man for almost 20 years. I was very close to seeing him by travelling out , then I fell really sick. I was also his only daughter and first child. God it hurts as I know that during his dying moments , he would have loved to have seen me. I guess it was not meant to be. As I speak I’m still recuperating, but I miss every damn thing about him including his imperfections. Daddy please come back to me , I will do anything to hear your voice again or have you in my arms. I love you so much , I never knew how much I loved you till you were gone. May we all be able to bear the loss of our parents. Grief does also manifest itself physically. Wishing you all love. God bless :pray:t2::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

So sorry to read your post.
Losing a parent is so hard. I lost my mum after an accident involving me do I carry all the guilt surrounding it. My father was not a nice man he was an abusive controlling man and my mum was trapped in their marriage.
So to lose her in those circumstances was horrific.
And you are right it does physically have an impact on you.
I hope that you can rest easy one day not sure if that’s possible?
Take care
Annie

Thank you so much. Well myself at the other hand I preferred my dad to my mum. In my own personal instance, my mum was very abusive towards me a child. So I still carry that trauma with me into adulthood.
On the other hand , I’m also escaping an abusive marriage too and it has taken its toll on me , but I shall survive. I really do hope your mum’s soul is resting well. You should really look after yourself too. Best wishes :pray:t2::hugs::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you Jan I pray my mum is at peace she too was abudive to us as children but she was trapped in an unhappy abusive verbally marriage. So I had it from both parents it’s har.
Sorry you’ve been in an abusive marriage I hope you are out of it and safe now.
I have had so many traumas in my life. I lost my husband when he was 41 we were on our first ever holiday with our 2 kiddies he went missing in the sea and was dragged out but unfortunately it was too late. We witnessed everything and I have flashbacks still and hate anything to do with water. It wasn’t straight forward they did a postmortem and found nothing wrong and he was only in waist deep water! So I have so many unanswered questions.
That’s only a bit of my traumas but I’m hopefully getting help to cope better with life.
Take care Jan xx

Oh dear you’ve gone through a lot as well. We all have a story to tell and one’s circumstances are different and more than the other. I’ve had my fair share of life , my health is another battling issue I’m facing through , but if the saying is true that what don’t kill you makes you stronger , then I am one of those. Your husband’s death must be so traumatic experiencing and witnessing the event first hand , is nothing to be matched with. I can only hope you recover from this awful event and heal. At least for your kids to keep on being strong , that’s exactly what I’m doing for mine too. But one thing I know is that we are built to be strong and we shall bounce back in no time :heart::kiss:

Hi Lillie I’m the same I can’t reach out to people I find it really hard. I found this site really helpful as I have none to really talk to. My siblings and me don’t get along and the one I do talk to is struggling herself so I have to be the strong one. So being able to express how I’m feeling on here is a helpful.