About the Losing a sibling category

A place for people who have lost a brother or sister to share experiences and support each other.

Losing a sibling can be incredibly painful and hard to accept, particularly if your brother or sister holds a special place in your life. It can also bring up difficult feelings if your relationship was more complicated. This is a space for you to talk to others who understand.

You may also find these Sue Ryder resources helpful as you cope with the death of your sibling.

If you are looking for in-person support too, Sue Ryder have just launched our Grief Kind Spaces.

Our Grief Kind Spaces are weekly, in-person drop-in sessions held in the local community and run by trained volunteers. The sessions provide a safe, informal and supportive place for people to come together and share their experiences of grief, helping attendees to feel heard and less alone.

If you’re not in an area with a Grief Kind space, or are looking for a different kind of support, you may wish to visit the AtALoss website. It is a directory of bereavement support and will show you what is available in your area. If you click this link then select your region, you can see what local support is available.

I lost my beautiful wee sister two years ago and I cannot get over her death. She had Stage 4 breast cancer and it took her in a matter of months. She was everything to me, she was my rock when my husband died. Always there to help me and my daughter who was only 10 when her daddy died. My mum died 18 months before her and I feel so lost and alone without these strong women in my life. I have good friends but there is nothing like the love a sister who I had a special bond with. I have never felt loneliness until now.

4 Likes