About to loose my mum

Mum is on end of life medication, she has been fighting for 5 days now I want her to go as she is free from pain but also don’t want to loose my mum and am feeling guilty for wanting her to go just so emotional can’t stop crying

5 Likes

I know. I really know your pain. My mum was on end of life and family spent four days in hospital sleeping there and talking to her all day. Laughing one minute and crying the next. I don’t know my dad got through it. It was all very surreal. My only comfort was that when she finally left this world she was no longer suffering. Take things at your own pace and do whatever you need to do to get through. Thinking of you x

3 Likes

Feel for you @Babybud77, everything that @Nel says. Look after yourself, big hug xx

2 Likes

Thank you xxx

Thanks for your support xx

1 Like

I am so sorry for what you are experiencing. I lost my beautiful Mum in April and It is still very new in my mind. Just tell her you love her. She can still hear you. Hold her hand, talk to her. I’m so sorry :cry:

4 Likes

Hi @Babybud77 I hope you are ok? I am going through a similar experience, we were told yesterday that my mum is to be sent home with a Peaceful Care package in place, we’ve all known or guessed it would be like this for a while now. Everything you are feeling I can relate to the nurses say she is in to much pain and that its cruel to keep treating her, my brothers and I have all said we are feeling numb yet almost relieved. We’ve all had our emotional moments we’d not be human and if we didn’t it would be like bottling everything up which we all know is not healthy. Take care of yourself. x

2 Likes

I am also about to loose my beloved mum. I was told she had hours perhaps days to live and she is still going 13 days later. I was with her for 6 days around the clock but am now visitkng daily. Obviously in some ways I am so grateful for this time to tell her how much she was loved and be able to say goodbye but she is now stable and the prognosis is that it could be days, weeks or months. The not knowing is driving me insane. I am thankful she is in no pain but she is asleep almost 24-7 and there is no quality of life. I find the daily improvements / deterioration so confusing and feel so selfish wishing this limbo land to stop. I feel like I am on the edge of a cliff and don’t know when I will be pushed off. I have been trying to distract myself and want to try and be normal until anything changes but that is so hard.

3 Likes

Sorry I hear you situation, mum has now passed away just keep being by her side and telling her how mum you love her xxx take care and take each day at a time xxx

3 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to share/reply. X

1 Like

Thinking of you and sending hugs xx

1 Like

I’m thinking of you. I lost my mum on Saturday after sitting with her at the hospice x you are in my thoughts xx

3 Likes

I to know what it’s like to lose my mum. My mum left me November 24th. Nothing absolutely prepares you for what is come losing a mum. I was never prepared for it. I didn’t know what grief would do to me. It really is a horrendous feeling of a heart breaking. Every day of every minute I can’t accept that my mum has gone. I have gone through feelings of anger of how dare she leave me especially when I needed her the most but I know now I was being selfish. I quickly realised this not long after my mum had left me. (Notice I don’t use the word DIED). I haven’t accepted that word. I
Never will. I truly believe in my heart and my head hasn’t left me. She’s in a far better place than all of us and I’m living for the day I join her especially as I know this world we’re facing a nuclear apocalypse and I don’t care if people think otherwise. All I
Care about is being with my mum. So the world can burn for all I care and I make no apologies for it
Without my mum nothing matters no more

5 Likes

I’m sorry for what I said. I am just so angry that I can’t be with my mum

5 Likes

No reason to be sorry x you are just hurting x

1 Like

Thanks I am hurting. I feel like certain people have played a part in taking my mum away from me.

1 Like

I only just seen your message. I’m sorry you have lost your mum. No amount of words will comfort you because that’s been my experience after I lost my mum. I can only talk from my own personal experience.
Personally I got sick and tired of hearing the word sorry because sorry doesn’t make me feel any better. I know people mean well but whilst their intentions are good and well meaning it doesn’t take your pain away or bring the person back you’ve lost. It’s with you for life and grief is timeless until the day you die. All you can do is try to live with your grief and grief has a way of changing you. It has me I’m not the same person I used to be. I’m not as loving as I once was. I’m with a partner who lost her mum 5 months after I lost my mum. When my mum was poorly and before I was very close to my partners mum. She was like a mum. I’m going through double grief if that’s the right word because once her mum passed away I still feel the loss to this day. I know I loved her like she was my own mum. I often wonder did my mum feel angry at me for not being there with her before and after she was poorly. I know I spent way to much time with my partners mum and I hate myself for it. I keep telling myself if only had spent more time with your own mum things might have been different I could of saved my mum from what she was doing to herself. I do blame myself the guilt I am living with. I left my dad to cope with my mums illness it wasn’t fair on him.

1 Like

I understand your feelings Steven. It has been 4 months for me since losing mum and I feel I get worse as time goes on. I’m just getting through the days with very little enjoyment. Can’t stop relieving things (childhood, the passing, the lost future), urggh!
All the best to you all.

1 Like

4 months such a short time eh. It’s nearly 6 years for me. To me it still feels like it happened today because im reliving the day over and over in my head. It doesn’t matter how long it’s been for me it’ll always feel like today.
I even lost my partners mum April 2017 she was like a mum to me. I loved her like I did my own mum. This is double grief. I have no one I can turn to not even my own partner because she closes up her mind. We’re supposed to be united in grief facing it together. It hurts me more than she knows.

1 Like