Achieved a big milestone..

My husband grew sunflowers every year. We had sunflowers for the main flower in his coffin spray

5 Likes

Beautiful sunflowers xx

4 Likes

I put a bunch of flowers on my husbandā€™s coffin which looked like my wedding flowers. Roses and white flowers (I cannot remember the name of them).

4 Likes

Thatā€™s wonderful @Dottie72 a big step forward & once you take one another follows, youā€™ve just got to do it at your own pace, everyone is different. I do believe itā€™s our loved ones giving us the strength, he will be so proud of you & that will spur you on.
Take care :heart:xx

4 Likes

Hi Enorac, my brother and I had the Astra Zeneca jab on the 21/03/2021, it even showed the batch number on the card. My brother was OK but had head aches for almost 3 months. The second jab was in June 2021 and head aches again. Cannot remember the name for the one we had for the autumn, but I was OK. The one we got in February 2022 was from Pfizer/BioNTech with bach number. My brother died 12 days later. ?? - Cannot remember the one I got last year but had no problems what so ever, but did not get a card or batch number. - I am getting my next jab on Monday and wonder if the batch number and the name gets recorded again. I want a card again. - Nick

2 Likes

I didnā€™t get s card last time. Always had Pfizer but that was Moderna. I noticed nothing afterwards. My husband just had a sore arm for 24 hours at the site. All the jabs including top ups and he still died from Covid. Itā€™s a curse.

2 Likes

Been outside to sit in the garden twice this week for the first time in 3 years (just because I didnā€™t want to) and it made me feel good to be in the place Viv loved.

8 Likes

Well done !! Xx

1 Like

They say after 6 months, subtle changes occur. Thatā€™s just so great and Iā€™m super happy that you enjoyed your walk and youā€™ve decided to look after your health. Itā€™s what our loved ones want for us. Take each day as it comes xx

6 Likes

@Dottie72
How wonderful, I can imagine you felt fantastic when you were out (albeit a little nervous I imagine) but honestly, well done for taking that first step. I have absolutely no doubt that Martin was with you every step of the way.
That first outing was the most difficult, but please remember how it made you feel when, at any time in the future you get a wobble and donā€™t want to go out.
Every day, when I walk my dogs, I talk to my Dad, that was our thing, Iā€™d always call him when dog walking. I see my Dad in the beautiful clouds and know that he is watching over me and still taking care of me.
Good luck Dottie and enjoy this sunshine and your shakes! Martin will be proud xxx

4 Likes

Angelina
That is so hard that he died after having all the jabs.
Still happens and makes it scarey. Thanks for sharing that
Take care

2 Likes

Nick
You can ask for a card.
We did did got it.
It is on the internet in your records.
I didnā€™t ask for a card but was told what I had had.

3 Likes

Itā€™s very hard donā€™t forget to try and look after urself :hiking_boot:

1 Like

Thatā€™s great news, well done :revolving_hearts: Are you s member of WAY (Widowed and Young)? Once youā€™re signed up you get access to various Facebook groups that they run. Iā€™ve found it amazing for support and advice since I lost my husband 18 months ago xx

3 Likes

No ā€¦ i just get posts on facebook about grief and i like them ā€¦ theres some really poignant ones you know ā€¦ just say what we all feel :slight_smile: xx

3 Likes

Thank youā€¦:two_hearts: Iā€™ve heard of WAY, Iā€™m not on Facebook, so didnā€™t bother joiningā€¦. Big hugs xxā€‹:heart:

1 Like

Hi Enorac, thanks, I will ask. - Nick

1 Like

Hi @Dottie72
Iā€™ve only just seen your post. That is amazing!!! I know its a massive step. Be proud of yourself :heart::heart::heart:

4 Likes

@Stillhiswife Thank you! :two_hearts:ā€¦. Yes, Iā€™ve managed a few trips out! Itā€™s the strangest thing; I thought I would panic, but felt relatively calm? Totally believe my Martin is with meā€¦

Big hugs (as always)
Dottie xxā€‹:rose::rose:

5 Likes

@Dottie72
Well done darlinā€™
Your Martin is most definitely with you.
Be very proud of yourself.
We on here all areā€¦
Thatā€™s why youā€™ve got the most likes for any post on all these feeds Iā€™ve read (41 and growing! :blush:)

Lots of love and hugs to us all,
on the little and big steps we take everyday :heart::heart::heart::hugs::hugs::hugs:

4 Likes