Adz

Hey all,

My mum passed away suddenly in June last year,

Its been a while since I last posted, and i feel that I cant Accept it.

We were very close, spoke nearly daily, she passed away from bronchial pneumonia and only living 2 hours away never got to say goodbye. I did get to see her and since then and even now I feel guilty as not only not being there, I travelled to see her knowing there was hours she sadly passed away. Till this day, I feel like either i cant aceept, or i have forgotten about her and thats mainly coz i haven’t dreamed about her. We were close but why cant i dream about her, or think about her?

Am i not caring ? Which i do as love her so much and we spoke so often. I feel its just like ive nkt spoke to her for a week or so? Should i seek counciling? I need help or in put as i dont think i csn accept her being gone. I dont dream about her which i further put myself down.

I had one dream, which i was asleep and i dont think i was 100% i was in bed and felt a decrease in my bed and compression around me, it felt like she was there! But nothing since, I dont dream about her and i feel its like ive forgotten

1 Like

Hello @Adz8579,

Thank you for reaching out - I’m so sorry for the loss of your mum. I just want to reassure you that you are normal - there is no timeline for grief, and everyone grieves in different ways.

You’ve mentioned counselling, and it sounds like it might be a good idea to have a space to talk through these feelings. Sue Ryder offers an online bereavement counselling service. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this service here: sueryder.org/counselling.

You can also make an appointment with your GP and ask to be referred to counselling or other support services in your area.

Hopefully someone will be along to offer their support, but I hope that link is helpful.

Take care,
Seaneen