Affairs

My lessons consist of exercises and playing along with the music. Music notation and sight reading then learning a song. At home I practise all of this and I’ve bought a book on rudiments. There’s a lot involved but it’s great fun. I can’t twirl the sticks yet but one went flying during yesterday’s lesson which was hilarious. I now own sticks, a practise pad, music stand, manuscript paper and a couple of books. I went to my first lesson with an open mind and now am committed to it💙

2 Likes

@FleurDeLis I did what you’ve been doing earlier. I was on my way to the gym and was sobbing and asked JD to play a song for me.
Oasis Live Forever was the next song chosen for me, totally randomly. I’ve been feeling like you - pretty hopeless and like I don’t want to be me anymore. The lyrics were
Maybe I don’t really wanna know
How your garden grows
'Cause I just wanna fly
Lately, did you ever feel the pain
In the morning rain
As it soaks you to the bone?
Maybe I just wanna fly
Wanna live, I don’t wanna die
Maybe I just wanna breathe
Maybe I just don’t believe
Maybe you’re the same as me
We see things they’ll never see
You and I are gonna live forever
You and I are gonna live forever

Been thinking about you loads. Hoping you’re ok? Keep strong if you can

Xx

1 Like

@CatP21 thank you. I also love that song, I used to listen to it on my headphones when I was a teenager a lot but hadn’t heard it for a long while. the lyrics are perfect. What a song to come on after you asked your JD that.

I came off the diazepam on Sunday night as Doctor gave me enough for one week and then wanted me off them. Today I’m going to a pub (in tier 2) to have a softdrink with a friend in the beer garden… it’ll be the first time “since” that I’ve done something like that so kinda dreading it but I’m trying.

I hope you have as good a day as possible, take care and keep breathing xx