Afraid of the future

Hi im new here lost my partner 4 weeks ago and looking for any hope and support .Im struggling with the lonliness .

4 Likes

I lost my husband 8 months 9 days. I really feel lonely and alone, nothing is helping. I am really deeply sorry for your loss. Hang on to memories. It’s too early to try what people are saying to you to be strong, stay safe my dearest, we are all with you🙏

1 Like

I lost my wife of 48 years in January. I’m 69 this year and the lonliness is one of the worst parts. I am having Councelling and the message is do not put pressure on yourself. Concentrate on getting through each day and no more. Get out of the house as often as you can and meet friends and family. I’m still doing all of this. If I think beyond a few days I get anxious, so I don’t. The future is uncertain so forget it for now. This is a terrible place we find ourselves in. Sending you best wishes :heavy_heart_exclamation:

6 Likes

@Hope5 sorry for your loss. It’s 5 weeks since I lost my husband so similar to yourself. I don’t really have any advice for you, it’s so hard. I find getting out for a walk each day helps a little. This forum helps the most. It’s the only place where people really understand. Sending hugs.

4 Likes

I lost my darling on 17th April. I totally understand what you mean. the feeling can be overwhelming. I wish I could offer advice. Hugs

2 Likes

Thanks and so sorry your in the same situation xxx

1 Like

Thanks its a lonely place keep wondering where he is and can he hear me xx

2 Likes

Thanks this community is my life line thanks for listening all of you and so sorry we are all in this scary journey .I desperately need a sign from him carnt bear to think il never be with him again :sweat:

2 Likes

Hi, sorry to hear about your loss im also finding the loneliness hard, especially at night time when im struggling to sleep , how are you finding the night times?

1 Like

Hi Derek its just 7 weeks for me and im finding every day since intolerable .nighttime isnt too bad because im managing to sleep now tho sometimes i take sleeping tablets so that helps .it is so loneley but everyone one on here is so supporting so helps a lot xx

1 Like

Hi, i am really struggling now, it’s been 3 months, and i still have not cried, why is this? i think of her all through the day, every day, unable to sleep, struggling to eat and drink,

1 Like

So sorry to hear that maybe its shock im not sure. Do you think you are depressed have you seen your gp xx

1 Like

I am so sorry you have been stuggling i feel your pain i lost my husband of 49yrs but had been together for 50 yrs my complete and utter soul mate its only been 6 daysfor me but all i want is to curl up under the sheets and be with him i hope in time you will have comfort on this forum and we can all help each other sending you love and hugs :heavy_heart_exclamation:

5 Likes