Alcoholism

Last October i lost my husband, he was 35 n we were together 19 years. I lost him due to alcohol abuse and now his family are blaming me that hes passed even though they werent really apart of his life. I tried so hard to get him to accept help he just didn’t want it, we have 2 kids 17 n 7 and now i feel like im to blame

You are NOT to blame. I lost my wife to alcoholism 3 years ago, nothing I could do about it. She had 3 children and 10 grand children but it was her choice (as bad as that sounds) nothing I or the children could do although we all tried. I now beat myself up every day but I know now that I am not the one to blame. Don’t think it’s you’re fault in any way. Take care x

2 Likes

My wife died of alcoholism
Aged 58 in all the 30 years I knew her I can count on one hand seeing her totally wasted. She didn’t drink during the day so not a raging drunk and worked up until she became poorly I know people who have drunk more than her and still do . So why did she get Cirrhosis? Only a few people know why the real reason she died her dad doesn’t know. Should I tell him? Was she just unlucky? I know how much she drunk and it wasn’t 2 bottles of wine a night just a couple of whiskeys. I am not denying that isn’t good but surly doesn’t mean you’re an alcoholic? Writing this down for the first time (17 months passed) has helped me thank you everyone

2 Likes