All alone with lots of friends

I lost my husband in July after 31 years together. He was gone so suddenly … a massive brain haemorrhage. I have lots of friends, run my own business in yet I feel so lonely. Everyone keeps saying how well I’ve done, I’m so strong but I’m not. when I’m at home alone I’m a mess. I don’t want to accept I’ll never see him again. I’m scared, I’m so sad , he was my life. Does it get easier .

Hi fitz
I cant really comment on what you have asked but I just wanted to say that I lost my mum very suddenly to a massive brain hemorrhage in june. We were laughing and joking one day, she was hone the next. No warning signs nothing.
I still cant belueve it happened and wanted to let you know you are not alone.
Cheryl x

It’s so cruel, we were talking about our holiday 4 hours before then that was it … gone.
I feel like I have no purpose, just going through the motions , but everybody just assumes I’m ok and coping well. I just don’t know how to tell them I’m not.
Sometimes I just want to scream , but mostly I just cry o

I’m with you fitz.
My mum was really active and funny and the loss is do enormous. She lived with us and was a huge part of our day to day life. I wish I knew why she had the brain hemorrhage but all the PM could tell us was that it had happened and was the cause of death.
Sudden death is very cruel for those left behind x

1 Like

Fitz, you poor love, I am so sorry that you had such a shock and that you lost your beloved husband. Last August I found my husband on our bedroom floor, he had died, the shock was horrific. I was numb for the first 6 months, the shock anaethetises us at first so, like Cheryl I wouldn’t comment as to things growing any easier, Stan and I had been married for 59 years, I knew he wasn’t well but I never expected that he was going to die, not imminently,
It is my firm belief that we do meet our loved ones again, when the time is right. This conviction has helped me.
You are not alone and I hope that you will take comfort in knowing this, all of us are grieving, in different ways maybe, we are all nursing broken hearts.
Blessings
MaryL

2 Likes