Alone...

What does that mean…we could be amongst a whole lot of strangers, in company somewhere yet still be alone, lonely…or we could be by ourselves somewhere and still be alone, lonely…Ok maybe not feeling so lonely with a lot of strangers around you who may eve feel like they are in the same boat but, still alone if the days routine is not the days routine you spent on that same day each and every year such as Christmas Day…
It is not just the losing ones partner-wife-hubby but the loss of a Christmas routine…Yes not everyone on our Sue Ryder bereavement forum who has lost their partner has a close family at this time of the year to be invited to…I know i dont…

Jackie…

1 Like

I agree… Christmas was so hard for me this year as I have lost all my Immediate family now. Friends that I thought were friends do not even bother as they are too wrapped up in their own lives. I prefer my dogs at times x

Sarrah…
… i too am a dog person, very much so, so much so that i would rather place my trust in a dog than any human being that i know as dogs will never let you down, loyal and genuine, what you see is what you get…As for friends well it is times like this one finds out who ones friends are…something over my 68 years i have learnt the hard way…

Jackie…

Yes I learnt the hard way too with some of my so called friends at a young age…hence why I have dogs x

Hi Ladies, I too love my dogs to bits and know they are bringing me through this nightmare journey. Your right Jackie what you see is what you get. Their love and companionship is limitless. If I feel down I know my babies will bring me through. Years ago I was going through another bad patch and had German Shepherd dogs, I was in danger of being homeless but knew I would sleep in my car rather than give up my lovely dogs. Fortunately everything went OK but my dogs were always there for me just like the two I have now. Even if they do hog the bed all night…
Pat xxx

1 Like