And Then You Were Gone by Lilly Roberts

Another beautiful poem by Lilly Roberts.

Everything I was afraid of happening happened.
I was afraid of losing you. Afraid of waking up one day and realising you were no longer here.
I was afraid that our last goodbye would actually be our last. That the moments I thought we had more time for would suddenly become memories.
And then, everything I was afraid of happening, happened. You left.
The world kept moving, and I was left behind trying to learn how to live in a life that no longer has you in it.
I still have so much love for you, but nowhere to put it.
So I carry it quietly in my memories, in my prayers, and in every moment I wish you were still here to share.
The cruellest part is I didn’t stop loving you when you left.
I still love you, I still miss you, and a part of me will always be waiting for the impossible moment when I get to see you again.
Because losing you didn’t end my love, it only turned my love into something I have to carry for the rest of my life.

8 Likes

Beautiful alone1

It says exactly how i feel and probably everyone on here :heart:

1 Like