Anger and uncertainty.

@JerryH Have you considered the possibility of taking an extended break somewhere? I ask as I recently went to visit my brother and his family for a few weeks and I found it to be really beneficial, just being around other people that I could speak to quite openly and to be part of their lives for a while. I was incredibly apprehensive at first, the thought of being around others 24/7 was something that filled me with anxiety. At first it was a bit of a slog emotionally, but after a few days things calmed and I found that I enjoyed being around them, it was nice to talk about my wife but at the same time to see that life could go on. Obviously I have no idea of your situation but maybe trying being away rather that committing to moving could help clarify things?

2 Likes

Thank you @JerryH i hope i enjoy it too :wink: and the moving thing … yeh youre right its to escape our feelings but i do find sometimes painful reminders here … as stupid as it sounds i saw the guy who used to deliver my husbands prescriptions today for first time since he passed … oh it was awful ! Nothing wrong with him its just the trigger, the reminder of that horrible time :frowning: they all know around here and sometimes i hate the looks of pity … but anyway … did bit of volunteering today … i wasnt much good … ive noticed im getting very emotional at moment as it was this time last year i found out they wouldnt/couldnt save my husband
I been away before it does help long as you got someone to support you i find xxx

3 Likes

Thanks @Walan that is a thought. The idea had sort of occurred to me: Don’t sell, instead rent. I would then short-term rent somewhere at the coast. That way I can move around as I please without giving up the house in London. Yet.

I notice that you talk of being around others and the anxiety that arose. I can only picture myself on my own somewhere else. The thought of being amongst others for an extended period of time is very difficult. At the moment, the only way I can handle social situations is to know that I can quickly and easily disengage. It’s bizarre.

You are spot on about clarity. I don’t have it and I know that my reasoning is decidedly wobbly in my current state of mind. So it would be well not to make any precipitous decisions. But I cannot carry on as I am. It is just awful.

2 Likes

We are well on the same pathway…
All uphill…!!!
I wish you well.

1 Like

Dear Mrs. Mac. Im so sorry for your anguish and pain. My husband died 6 months ago so i am still in the relatively early stages of the grief process but i dont imagine it gets much better. Anger is a normal part of grief but i do hope that somehow you can learn to live with what had happened. X

1 Like

I couldn’t have written this myself, the anger that my beautiful, kind and caring partner has left and the world can go on. People can laugh and talk of Christmas get together as if I can sit and cheer with them that I’ll be without him, that I can’t buy our usual quirky and romantic gifts, that I won’t get to see a new year with him and plan our adventures for the coming year. The thought of ending this year and starting one he will never be part of hit me this morning, how am I going to cope with that!

I wish it was me, he would have been so much stronger and got on with life grabbing it with both hands whilst missing me, I just feel like I’m floating around grasping at life and not wanting normality as what’s normal now? X

2 Likes