Anger

Angry… Just found out randomly that my Nan died in 2023 and nobody has informed me. I have not been interacting as much as usual with my family because I have been coming to terms with my father passing away and have been struggling to cope with depression. As my Nan lives quite far away we mostly speak on social media. My aunt and cousins are the only ones who live near her. My aunt knows how to contact me and I would never have expected her to not inform me. My Nan has been in my life for my whole life and although we don’t see each other as much because she moved far away we do still catch up and my aunt knows this. My mother is NC with my whole family but I am not. I can’t help feeling angry that if I hadn’t found out randomly I still wouldn’t know. The funeral has happened and she would have been cremated. I have so many questions but can’t ask my aunt until I’ve calmed down. This has come as quite a shock and I’m sure my nan would have wanted me to know and not be left in the dark. Why do people act like this?

Hello @Pic ,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling angry, hurt and excluded by your family, this must be incredibly difficult for you. I’m so sorry to hear about your Nan and your father. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex