Anger

I am new here.
Last week my one time partner who became a best friend during past 40 years died suddenly…massive heart attack. The shock is huge, clearing his house and discovering he’d been drinking heavily and hoarding but hid it…has created huge guilt.
And he has died intestate…didnt get round to making a Will.
In the past 3 years I have lost my husband, my father and now my best friend. Everything seems unreal and like I’m sleepwalking . I honestly just want to give up. But…I also look after my 87 year old Mum, so I cant.
I miss him so much but I am furious with him too. I need to start jobhunting but I cant concentrate on anything right now. We were kids together…had such closeness yet here I am, planning his bxxxdy funeral.

1 Like

Hello @Herthatwas,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing your story. I’m so sorry for the loss of your friend - it sounds like it was a massive shock to you and you’re already coping with so much loss. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I think a lot of our members will identify with your feelings of anger. I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,
Seaneen