Aniexty

Well its been 4 years now since my dad died. My aniexty is getting worse. Been having panick attacks and breathing has been erratic. My mums a different woman now. Think i miss the mum i had when dad was alive. Does loosing your partner send you in a downwood spiral. The stuff my mum says at times baffles me. Think shes lost and some of her decisions are misled. Seeing her now compared to how she was is sole destroying. Ive had a crazy year with my aniexty and effects my confidence. On reflection 4 years without my dad has made me realise im alot stronger than i thought i would be. Need to control my aniexty better and try to look after myself more.

4 Likes

A life at last by Paul David. It’s a book that really helped me. You have to embrace your anxiety and not be scared by it. Easier said than done. It definitely works if you try to get on with life and just let symptoms be.

2 Likes

Hi Ward, in answer to your question, yes losing your partner does sent you in a downward spiral. Every thing about your life changes and you will never be the same person you were before. I can’t deal with stressful situations anymore, decision making and brain fog can be a real issue.
When you’ve been us for years it’s difficult just being you on your own, you feel you don’t fit in the world anymore.
Just support your mum the best you can and take care of yourself too.
Debbie x

7 Likes

Hi.
Ive just been signed off with anxiety.
I lost my Dad i December. It was 6 mths from start to his passing.because i live 160 miles away i was in denile.last week i managed to get down to see my stepmother and she took my to see Dads stone…it finally hit he isnt here anymore…how do i get over this as hate feeling this way

Hi sarah. Ive never been signed off with aniexty but sometimes think i should be. Its been 4 years to process losing my dad. Its been up and down and a roller coaster. I struggle to breath when my aniexty kicks in. But ive learnt to take steady breathing to calm my aniexty. Its hard to kick yourself when you lose a parent but think of the others in your life. Your dad will always be in your heart remember the good times together. Its not easy but if you ever need to talk. My aniexty been bad last few months. Message me anytime for a chat. Look after yourself x

1 Like

Hi,thank you fir your reply…im just taking one day at a time…you take care now .x