Anniversaries

I lost my husband 7 months ago. I managed through my birthday, our anniversary and Christmas alone but the thought of what would have been his birthday coming up is flooring me. Trying to keep myself active and engaged with things but sleep pattern non-existant. I’m crying writing this and I do this all the time. I’ve arranged to work that day to try and take my mind off it but don’t know whether it’s the right thing to do. Any tips to help me through this?

5 Likes

Hi , sorry for your loss, it was my husband’s 60 birthday three months after he died. I was a total wreck that day . The following year on his birthday I was determined not to make the day about me and my grief. I didn’t want him to be sad if he could see me . So I was just thankful he had been born on that day and had chose me to be his wife. I think sometimes the weeks leading up to a special date are worse than the actual day .I know I tend to overthink everything now . Hope you find a way to cope xtake carex

3 Likes

Thank you. I really appreciate it. I’m sure, or at least hoping, the day won’t be as bad. In my case I think I’m missing the quality time as birthdays were always our big thing. For the last few years we went to our favourite restaurant and I don’t think I will ever be able to go there again.
Sending my best to you. We’re all in this horrible place but we’ll get strength knowing we’re not really alone if we reach out.

2 Likes

My partner’s first birthday since she died, 8 months ago, is on Thursday.
Still trying to figure it out and what I’m going to do

2 Likes

My partner’s birthday today. Terrible waking up to it this morning and had a cry. Too busy to think about it this afternoon but came back to the empty house again. Sad this evening but not actually as bad as I thought I would be. Keep busy, even if just housework. The time goes quicker. I’m told it does get easier.

2 Likes

:disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:
I’ve bought a card, some flowers and teddy to put on her grave - it was either do nothing and try avoid it or spend time at the graveyard with her.
Decided the latter, incase I regret afterwards not doing anything.
Going to be a bad day no matter how you spin it

2 Likes

I bought some of his favourite flowers to keep indoors so I keep seeing them. :heart:

1 Like