Anniversary.

My wife died 20 months ago after 54 years of marriage. Tomorrow, 18 March would have been our 56th Anniversary so I am having a few days away in Dorset. Wherever I end up for lunch tomorrow I will have a framed photo of her with me at the table and we will have lunch together. I still miss her terribly - does the pain ever ease?

7 Likes

Hello @Deeceeluton,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your wife. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

1 Like

Dear @Deeceeluton
A very happy anniversary to you and your wife. :revolving_hearts:
I love that you will have a photo of your wife on the table with you.
I have a beautiful photo of my husband as my screen saver on my phone
Where ever I go and sit my phone is on the table with his photo showing for all to see. Like you that way he is always with me.

You are very brave to go away .
Love, hugs and strength to you
:yellow_heart::hugs::pray:

2 Likes

Dear @Deeceeluton
I’m just behind you, my husband died August 24th 2022. One day before our wedding anniversary.
My pain is terrible too. And seems to be getting worse the last few weeks.
Was Dorset a special place for your both? I hope you find some solace and moments of inner peace for yourself in the next few days.
:yellow_heart::hugs::pray:

2 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

@Deeceeluton Thats such a lovely idea, to have a photo of your wife on the table. I hope you enjoy your break in Dorset.

3 Likes

I lost my wife 13 months ago after 48 years of marriage. I like what you have written. It’s a hard road we are on but this forum offers some comfort. The framed photograph is a lovely thought.

3 Likes

Hi @BREAVMAN @Deeceeluton
Yes it is a long lonely journey we now find ourselves on.
My husband died suddenly on 8th June 2023 nine months ago and i find some days worse than others.
But have got through some first anniversaries our 36 wedding anniversary my 66 birthday christmas new year.
I still have his 64 birthday in April and 1st year of his passing and funeral to come.
Life is never the same anymore i miss him every day :broken_heart: but i know i need to carry on.
Its not easy
Please take care
Lynne

3 Likes