Another 1st

It’s our sons 12th birthday 2 weeks today 1st one he’s not been here for, then it’s our other sons 20th 3 weeks tomorrow 1st one he’s missed then 5 weeks Monday anniversary of his death.
Feel like I’m starting to spiral any tips

2 Likes

Hello @Sah28,

I’m so sorry for the loss of your husband. Thank you for sharing this with us. I’m just giving your thread a gentle, “bump” for you - hopefully someone will have some thoughts to share.

Take good care,
Alex

@Sah28 I’m also fast approaching the 1 year mark and have found the various “firsts” very difficult.

No advice really - I haven’t found a way to make them any easier.
We have to just ride the storm in the hope there’s a small ray of light somewhere in the distance

1 Like

I too am ploughing through all the firsts, it’s been 10 months since my partner left this earth. Doing jobs in the garden since he went has been hard recently. I have a white cement cross with his picture in it in his favourite plum tree and I find talking to him while I am in the Garden helps. I sit (when weather permits) with a cuppa and think of what we were doing this time last year and that brings a smile to balance the tears.