Another day

Another day with out you I don’t wanna do this anymore hurting so much why did he have to go

5 Likes

sending loads of love, @Lyndsey82 - I know this feeling too. Hold tight x

I don’t want to do it tho

I know, I really do. Sending loads of love to you - please know you are not alone, your friends on here, who totally get how you feel, are with you. x

Hi @Lyndsey82,

I’m sorry to hear about the death of your husband. I can see your loss is so very recent and raw. As @Vancouver says, you are not alone and many of our members will understand some of what you’re going through. There’s always someone out there to help you through this.

We know that a lot of people experience suicidal thoughts during their grief journey. We have a video about it here which you might find helpful:

https://griefguide.sueryder.org/support/suicide

If these thoughts of not wanting to go on become overwhelming, you can reach out to one of the following organisations who are always just a call or text away anytime you would like someone to talk to:

• Samaritans are available 24/7 to talk about anything that you are worried about in confidence. You can call them on 116 123.
  • Shout are contactable by text, 24/7. You can text SHOUT to 85258 and talk to them about anything.
  • You can also find your local NHS urgent mental health helpline here.
  • If you’re worried you’re going to hurt yourself, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E.

If you’re interested in counselling, we offer free sessions at Sue Ryder. You can also make an appointment with your GP and ask to be referred to counselling or other support services in your area. We have also recently launched a Grief Guide Service, which provides articles and interactive tools to help you cope with grief. If you’re interested in understanding more about grief and how you can manage it, please visit griefguide.sueryder.org

You deserve this support, keep reaching out.

Take care,

Seaneen

Also sending love and understanding @Lyndsey82.

Hold tight to the love you shared and that you still have. xxx

I am very sorry to hear this…
I lost my boyfriend 4 weeks ago, suddenly…
All I do is cry all day or sleep, I miss him so much, I feel completely heartbroken. The pain is awful, I want him back…

1 Like

I am so sorry, @Mel92 - this is so hard for you. Sudden bereavement is so difficult, so tough. You have come to the right place, though as all of us on here have been bereaved in some way or another - accident, illness - and we all know the sort of pain you are going through. You are very, very early on in grief - so be gentle on yourself right now. Cry it out, talk it out, talk to him - I found talking to Tom in those early months saved my sanity. Now, nearly a year on, it is getting easier. The love remains but the grief subsides - as Gary Andrews wrote on twitter the other day in one of his doodles. There is usually someone around on here if you need a chat or to be around people who get how you feel 100%. Maybe time for a coffee or a cup of tea to start the day? Hold tight, keep going x

1 Like

Thank you very much , reading this means so much. All I seem to do is cry and sleep…

1 Like

@Mel92
As Vancouver says, it is very early days for you. Not to say I don’t have tearful times even now after 8 1/2 months but it is less often for me now.
Life will never be the same but I am forming a life. The formalities are more than enough to think of to begin with so just do what HAS to be done and rest when you can.

Accept any help you are offered as well. That helps you as well as the people offering in that they will feel less helpless. I think practical help makes most sense to others and when there is none of that some people can come out with some very odd comments, as others have experienced. I’ve been lucky and haven’t had first hand experience of others ill advised comments.

Sending you love. xxx

1 Like

I feel the same miss my Husband so much sometimes i just want to shut my self away and not see anyone lives not the same any more