Another day?

I dont know how to go on. I dont want to go on. I dont want to feel like this anymore. How does anyone carry on?

I try and distract myself for a bit when the feeling of being without my son for a minute longer becomes overwhelming. I also try and have a quiet five minutes and think of a happy memory and close my eyes , breathe deeply and just repeatedly say I love you to my son in my mind until I get calmer. xx

2 Likes

Hi @abl
I’m so sorry to hear about your son. It sounds as though things are very tough and you are feeling like you can’t go on.

It sounds like you’re looking for support and I’m glad that you’ve been able to talk about how you’re feeling here.

There is lots of other support out there, and I would really encourage you to reach out and speak to someone about how you are feeling.

• Shout are contactable by text, 24/7. You can text REMEDY to 85258 and talk to them about anything.
  • Samaritans are available 24/7 to talk about anything that you are worried about in confidence. You can call them on 116 123.*
  • You can also find your local NHS urgent mental health helpline.

You can also make an appointment with your GP and ask to be referred to counselling or other support services in your area.

Please do reach out for further support - you are important and deserve help.

Take good care,

Kate
Sue Ryder Online Community team