Another reminder

Yet another reminder that I am on my own, without him.

A very dear elderly friend called this evening. She is on her own and her husband is being given end of life at home. She has health issues herself and one of her dogs is poorly. She is such a lovely person and it is so very sad that she is on her own trying to deal with it. I know she trusts me and she adored my husband, so would allow me to be with her. She is also very private. She has carer’s going in but noone totally by her side.

I am unable to give her the support I would want to.

I can’t leave my dog, who has medical problems. Can’t take my dog with me as her dogs are likely to set on her. And have noone to look after my dog for hours on end. As I am on my own without family like her.

It has really rocked me. I know if my husband was here he’d be with my dog and I’d be free to really give her the support and help she so desperately needs!

Now I know I can’t even be the person I want to be. And it is a huge reminder that he isn’t here.

5 Likes

Hi Absent I’m sure that speaking on the phone has been a great help. I was talking to some family members when I visited England in the summer and they started playing cluedo online with their mother during COVID as she had a health problems and she was on her own, they still play and chat while playing and it has become the highlight of her day.
Wishing you all the best Tom
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

2 Likes

Hello Absent ,sorry you can’t help your friend as you would like to,have you a neighbour that could help care for your dog for a few hours whilst you visit your friend.hope you find a way to, Dave

1 Like

I will ask someone if needs be.

It is just I would have been there totally if my husband had been here. It was such a reminder of being this different person.

But I have to accept life is different.

I have spoken with her. Things are calmer and she feels she has the help she needs at this moment.

I have calmed down too! Accepted how things are. Have to!

1 Like

It’s very hard Absent,I lost my wife at Christmas and our Yorkshire terrier Daisy is the one that has got me through the last 9 months as she was very close to my wife,but sadly three weeks ago she passed away at the age of 16 years and now the house is empty and has no meaning,your friend will treasure your regular contact by phone im sure that’s a lovely thing to do to keep in touch for both of you.wishingyou peace Dave

So sorry, what a good age for your dog.

I lost one of my dogs just after I lost my husband. Gorgeous little being she was. That is why my remaining girl (sister of the other) is so very precious. Sadly she has a condition too so have to be really carwful not to upswt her as it triggers condition.

Keep her close she’s so so precious to you hope you have a nice night Dave