Antidepressants

Hi. I lost my dad over a year ago now and feel like I can’t move on with my grief. I feel as though people have forgotten my loss and that I should be OK. I know it’s been some time but feel so low on days. I have returned to work and try and live as I did before the best I can. I’m considering taking antidepressants to help but not sure if I’m doing the right thing. Take care all x

Hi Joey,

I am so sorry to hear that you lost your dad. There is no timeline for grief and it’s perfectly okay to be feeling this way after a year - after all, in the grand scheme of things, a year isn’t really that long.

There is another thread in this Community discussing anti-depressants, specifically Citalopram, and you may find it helpful to have a read of those posts. Many people have shared their personal experiences of anti-depressants, which may help you think a little bit more about them. You can find that thread here

Have you had a chat with your GP about how you’ve been feeling?

Take care of yourself,
Eleanor
Online Community Manager

they say that talk therapy and exercise are more or as effective as pills, and no side effects. when I had talk therapy, I always felt much lighter on my feet after the session. it helped me a lot. just being out, volunteering, talking to anyone about anything helps a lot.