Anxiety and loss

Hi. I’m new here… my dad passed away last week unexpectedly… although I suffer severe anxiety anyway… it is now so much worse… I feel physically sick… my stomach is bad and I have been having panick attacks daily. I’m so scared I’m now I’ll myself. Has anyone else experienced such anxiety?

Hi
I suffer from panic attacks
Even more so now my boyfriend’s passed away
I know exactly how you feel x

1 Like

Hi I’ve suffered panic attacks for 27 years . I’ve just lost my mum 6 months ago and mine have escalated. Have you seen your GP? I’m on meds which really help. Try some meditation apps. Theyve helped me to relax. Panic attacks are just awful I know. Xx

1 Like

I’m so very sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to you. I am new on here too. I lost my dad 1 year and four months ago. I still can’t believe he’s gone! I can identify with how you feel, I also get very anxious, and have chest pains. Please know…your not alone. Grief is one of the worst things anyone can go through.

1 Like

@Chezza123 so sorry for your loss. I lost my Dad exactly 12 weeks ago today and like you, I was completely paralysed with anxiety and constant panic attacks. It was a shock and I still feel the same. It’s literally the worst feeling in the world, you feel your whole world shift, something is missing, you feel scared now that you’ve learned how truly short and horrible life can treat you. I’m scared now that I’ll lose the next person I love that quick. I tell everyone I love them so much more now, I never leave anything on an argument because last words are so important. The last words I said to my Dad was that I loved him.

Day by day. Don’t expect too much from yourself. My only advice is to go with it, let it out. I’m still off work, I’m taking my time. I work in a bar whilst studying and couldn’t face being social yet. Do what feels best for you.

X

3 Likes

I am so sorry for you all having suffered the loss of someone close to you.
I have never suffered from panic and anxiety until 2 months ago when the man I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life died unexpectedly of a heart attack. I had no idea he was ill as we were both retired outdoor education teachers so were quite fit.
We had only known each other for just over a year having met walking our dogs and it took a long time for him to come round to the idea due to previous bad experience.
What I am finding hardest of all is the fact that due to him being a very private person we kept our relationship private so when he died neither his nor my family knew anything about it. I felt rather like a mistress with noone to talk to .
I now find myself at times completely unable to function, shaking and crying. It is the most frightening thing. I completely understand now where you are all coming from and it helps to know that I am not alone feeling this way.
Everyone is different in the way they cope best, and it is important to do what you feel works for you. I find keeping very busy helps keep my mind off things and reduces the feeling of panic.

1 Like

You are not alone, Maryanne,
You have all the members supporting you, between us, there will be all here to support you.
Take care and pamper yourself, I am very sorry that you have lost your partner, all shall be well, one day.
love
Mary x

1 Like

Thank you, it helps to know that I am not alone

1 Like

Thank you so much for sharing Maryanne and I’m so sorry for your loss xx. I joined yesterday thinking I’d gone mad with it all and being overwhelmed with anxiety and dark thoughts, feelings, shaking, crying, dominating each day and wondering how on earth I’ll continue or even the point of doing so. I’m so glad to find out I’m not alone, that what I’m feeling is ‘normal’ if it can be described that way.

1 Like

Hi. So sorry for delay in getting back I have been so sick. Thankyou to all of you for your your replies and sorry for all your loses. :frowning:
Yes the anxiety is a living hell… it’s the first time I’ve experienced grief… and I’ve never experienced such feelings of sickness and dred for the future… I’m scared of everything right now . Thankyou all it’s a kind of comfort to know maybe this is a normal way to feel under such circumstances x

I’m with you there… I’m now scared of who next… I check my little boy in the night through fear some thing will happen to him… it’s a horrible feeling… x

Dontknow1 I dont know if your anxiety is due to the loss of someone close or another cause, but whatever the reason it is very frightening to deal with. Have you got someone near that you can talk to, I find talking helps. I am trying out lots of dfferent things to find something that takes the thoughts away. I also find going for a walk with a good friend helps. You will know what makes the fear and panic less for you. I hope in the meantime that talking to us here can help you x

1 Like

Hey. Thank You… I know alot of people but I’m quite a loner after going through domestic abuse… sad really as I don’t really trust people atm as a result… but I’m getting support from my local hospital and gp… I start counselling next week for the abuse so ill be able to talk to them too about this. Thanks. X

My anxiety and stress levels seem to be getting worse with each passing week. I don’t think the news in China is exactly comforting either.
I think I’m going to have to go back to very simple living. A book and the gardening.

2 Likes

Omg… I’m the same!! My anxiety is so bad I’m worrying about that flu as well. :frowning:

@Maryanne thanks it does help being here. I suffered and managed it before, but following close deaths of my Husband and Mum, it’s been really hard. Situation also left me completely alone for a number of reasons. I’m doing all the things like walking, keeping busy and stuff but have no one to talk to and struggle to talk about it, which is why I came here. xx

Hello, Chezza,
As far as I know, these debilitating panic attacks, come out of the blue, they are horrible experiences that creep up on you and catch you unawares. I have had them for years and I would not wish them on my worst enemy, it all stems from anxiety, which I am sure you know. I had one after the other after my husband of 59 years passed away last August, I do not want to tempt fate by saying that after the first weeks or maybe months, I stopped having them.
I hope all of you who suffer from these evil experiences, have the same as I have had.
Blessings,
MaryL

1 Like

Hey… thanks for your reply… sadly for me I’ve had panick attacks for so many years… just that now they’ve got even worse… maybe they’ll calm down at least in a while. Sorry for the loss of your husband. :frowning: Xx

1 Like

I’m with you also on the worrying thoughts from China! Ever since losing my Dad, I walk around scared for what’s going to happen next.
Shortly after my Dad, my cousins husband was involved in a really serious accident. He broke both legs, arm, fingers, the lot. We had just lost my uncle 6 months before (her Dad), her uncle (my Dad) and now her poor husband. Life is just so cruel. Nothing is guaranteed.
I’ve never given much thought to dying, but now it really terrifies me :frowning:
It doesn’t help the fact that I’m a little bunged up at the moment and I’m sat here thinking ‘oh no, have I caught the Coronavirus from the bloody Chinese takeaway’?! It’s ridiculous… but is it??
Life is fragile. Hug your loved ones. Live in the moment.
I’ll do all that once I feel I can at least return to work!

Love x

1 Like

Thanks so much. I’ve had terrible health anxiety for myself and husband since watching dad and then mum die. I now have panic attacks and have to breathe in a paper bag as I’m convinced at the time I’m on my way out and it’s me next. I’m terrified of watching news as this Chinese corona virus terrifies me. I had real flu last year and a bad chest infection coughed up blood and since this I’m even more paranoid. I feel life is all about illness and death and live in fear every day and have dread for what’s to come. I was never like this! I laughed at life and loved life and giggled my way through everything and now I rarely laugh at all. I’ve lost the capacity to laugh things off that I used to rely on. Thanks so much for saying it’s grief as I honestly think I’m losing the plot sometimes. Love and hugs x

1 Like