Anxiety

I lost my dad the end of March. He had Alzheimers and was diagnosed at the young age of 55. His last few weeks were awful as they stopped all his food and fluids and just slowly faded away. Since my dad’s passing I am suffering from extreme anxiety and panic about the least little thing. I returned to work to try and get some normality back in my life, even though it will never be the same. Just leaving for work I have to check I have not left anything on in case anything bad happens. Had anyone else felt all this anxiety?. I miss my dad so much. He was my world and it’s so empty without him.

Hi Joey.
I’m so sorry to hear about your Dad’s sad passing.
I can totally relate to your feelings of panic and anxiety. I lost my Mum suddenly in March. I’d been caring for them both for the past 10 years and still do for Dad.I found her on the bedroom floor. Sadly, she’d passed away that morning. There are no words that can even begin to describe the shock, horror, the trauma of having to deal with so much pain that’s forced upon us in one go. Those raw emotions are still very much right here with me. I also developed anxiety rapidly. Along with a whole catalogue of undesirable emotions. You would have experienced this through your grief too. I had problems with my anger early on and knew that I couldn’t do anything about it. I also developed some form of OCD since then. I’ve now got certain routines that I’ve created for myself to go through for fear that something bad is going to happen! I feel like I’m describing a complete stranger!
My doctor has helped thankfully by easing the manic tension and feelings of rage.
Try and get to see your GP for help or advice. It’s a good place to start
I know it doesn’t feel like it right now but over time you will start to feel better in yourself and definitely be able to cope with things a little easier. (In time!)
Remember to put yourself first and give yourself all the time that you need to begin this painful healing process.
This website is a great place to vent and share your thoughts with others suffering similar experiences.
I hope you can find some comfort here soon and get the help and support you need.
Take care.
Love and hugs
Minty X