Ashes

I am so very sorry. We collected my 24 yr old daughter Holly’s ashes on 21st July. She died 7 and a half weeks ago on 24th June 22. It was good to get her home but so very real and final that I sobbed for 3 hours hugging the casket.
She died very suddenly- instantly- from what we now know was a pulmonary embolism which caused her to go into cardiac arrest. She was healthy and happy, funny and vibrant. She was with her sister here st home and she did cpr but is broken that she couldn’t save her. Despite a massive emergency services response it was just her time. That seems so crazy- she was just a baby! They were so close and did everything together- holidays, nights out, same friendship groups etc. She is finding it so hard, as are my husband and I. We are all together but seem to float around separately finding it hard to be any comfort to each other. It’s so painful.
Also people seem to expect you to be getting a bit better by now- I’ll never be ok again. I am so sad for all of the parents on here - I truly feel your pain xx

5 Likes

Hi Barb.
My son died on that very same day at 1am. They had to turn his machines off. I’m so sorry for your pain. I know the feeling of ill never be ok again. I don’t know how to go on for the rest of my life. What if I live to be 75. That’s 25 years…I just can’t do it. Your poor girls. Life is so cruel to take one and leave the other traumatised. I feel for her too. I tried to save my son several times. I know what she will have gone through. :broken_heart:

5 Likes

Thank you for your kind words. We will both be broken mothers for the rest of our lives since that fateful date. So sad it isn’t different :broken_heart:

4 Likes