Ashi

Why do I just feel like going sleep is the best thing to do because then I don’t need to think of my dead husband no more I want to feel alive again I feel like a zombie walking I picked up his ashes today it been 3 weeks since he died I can’t believe his in a box now it’s hurting me so bad doctors have put my depression tablets higher but is that going to help I don’t think so my heart hurts so much I just want to give up but got 3 kids of mine not his a 7 year old a 10 year old and 13

1 Like

Hi Ashi

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread. I’m so sorry to hear about your husband. It’s normal to just want to sleep after a bereavement. It’s very raw for you right now, and I want you to know the community is here for you. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

You might also want to contact WAY (Widowed and Young) which has support for anyone under 50 who has lost a partner https://www.widowedandyoung.org.uk

They also run WAY Up for people 50+, http://www.way-up.co.uk/

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care, Rhi

@Ashi
I am so sorry to read of your loss and the hurt you’re suffering, like many others on this site, I do know exactly how you feel.
My wife of forty nine years died last year and like you, all I wanted to do was sleep. From the moment I got up in the morning I’d look forward to going back to bed.
My father died when I was 7, sixty five years ago, he left a big hole in our family. My mother didn’t seek to remarry and remained a widow until her death 43 years later.
Apart from my sympathy all I can do is wish you solace in your grief.
You will get through this, one day at a time.

I picked up his ashes today can’t believe all I got left of him is a box I know everyone says you need to be strong for you kids but I’m struggling I hate life without him he was my strength after I got divorced to the kids dad without him I’m lost

If you don’t mind me asking did it get easier with time i just hate life at the moment