At the stroke of Midnight

I’m sat here with the TV on and the Christmas tree lights wondering what 2024 will hold for me.
Since the end of September when I lost my husband of 47 years I have had most of the ‘firsts’ I have had his birthday, I had his ashes interred on our Wedding Anniversary, then Christmas, New Year and just to add to the pain it is 19 years tomorrow since my dad died New Years Day 2005.
I wasn’t going to stay up but my mind is in overdrive at the moment x

4 Likes

It’s definitely an overthinking night, no one knows what the year ahead holds, still many firsts a head. All we can do is keep going x

3 Likes

@Yorklan
Similar situation for me too. My husband died suddenly in September, our anniversary was 4 days after the funeral, his birthday was 14th Dec and now Christmas and the New Year. It’s all too much. My mind is being bombarded by so many memories, some very happy ones and some images from September that I don’t want to have. Don’t know whether it would be better to go to bed or sit up and make a toast to him as I did on Christmas Eve. Neither will bring much comfort I’m afraid.
You’re right @Sah28 we’ll wake up in the morning, keep going and maybe feel stronger having got through this. X

3 Likes

@Mist2 I’ll stay up if you stay up and we’ll have a toast to our lovely husbands x

2 Likes

In fact anyone else who would like to join us please feel free to raise a glass at Midnight x

2 Likes

@Yorklan
It’s a deal and what a lovely idea for anyone else who’d like to join in x

3 Likes

I will join you x

2 Likes

I’ve raised a glass to my amazing husband, I hope you all do too for your loved ones who are no longer with us. :heart:
I like to think they are with us and are watching over us.

1 Like

I’ll join you too, to my gorgeous husband Kenny and to all our loved ones xx

2 Likes

To my beloved husband Hunter and to all our loved ones :heart: xx

3 Likes

@Yorklan @Mist2
I’ll join you too lovely thought.
To my darling husband Stuart all my love xx

2 Likes

Me too, memories are bitter sweet and each one hurts in different ways. But what else is there to do but carry on. Love and hugs to every one tonight xx

2 Likes