Avoidance

Four weeks ago i lost a friend who I had been looking after for ten years. On the day he died i went to work.

Because he was very poorly I couldn’t wish for him back, but I miss him so much.

I know I’m not giving myself chance to grieve but am trying to avoid the pain

1 Like

Hello @Graham2.

I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. It sounds like he was very lucky to have a friend like you.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help you right now.

Take care - keep reaching out,

Seaneen

Hello Graham, four weeks is such a short time and I fully understand you going to work on the day your friend passed.
I am sorry your friend has passed. Grief is different for everyone there is no timescale. I’m still finding losing my dad last year very surreal.
You aren’t alone in missing your friend your loved one and you aren’t alone in wanting to avoid the grief.
but we are here so sending you love and hoping today is notso bad
x