away and I need someone to talk to please

Is there,anyone living near me who would understand how sad I am? I live near Worthing in West Sussex.

I also meant to say it is ten months since my beloved husband passed away and I am having a very bad day

Dear Yvonne, I am so sorry for your loss & that you are having such a bad day. I am grieving for the loss of my son. It is a very sad & lonely place to be. Here on this site there are sadly so many of us who have lost dear precious loved ones. Do you have any other family or close friends supporting you? There are various threads on here I have noticed that sadly people have sadly lost their partners, you may be able to find them & perhaps some of the support & coping mechanisms may help you. Again I’m so sorry for your loss xx

Hi Yvonne, I am so sorry you are struggling after your husband passed away. It is so sad. It seems that Sue Ryder’s general recommendation is that if you want to meet someone from this site, you do it at your own risk, and that you should take precautions, such as first getting to know them well, and then letting someone know who you are meeting and where, and doing it in a public place. I am meeting a guy from here when I am back in London, we have been sending each other Private Messages, and whilst I don’t live too far from you I am not sure I will be able to help you much as I haven’t suffered the kind of loss you have, so hopefully you’ll be able to find some people closer to your age who live close to you and who would be of help to you.

1 Like

Hi Yvonne
I don’t live near you. But like you have lost my husband recently and have been wanting to met up and chat With others . wil58 told me of a good website on here which is The Good Grief. If you go on it will tell you if and where they is help in your area sending you a hug

Hi. I lost my partner 5 months ago. I’m in Hastings.
It’s so hard having lots of friends but no one understands how you are feeling. I don’t really have anyone to talk to.

Hello Lost50

I’m so sorry to hear about the very recent loss of your partner, and understandably how you are feeling at present.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here, and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

I am sure you will benefit from our wonderful community, the users are very supportive, and chat along to each other on various topics., whether it be helping each other through a difficult time, or about what they have been up to during the week.

Please continue to post, but also know that we are here for you. Sue Ryder offers an online bereavement counselling service. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this service here: www.sueryder.org/counselling.

Take care,

Audrey,

Online Community team

Hi I, so sorry for the loss of your husband ,I am 2 months on from you and like you have friends and family whom have been wonderful ,but like you cannot understand the emotional and physical pain when losing the person whom you are closest too and spent must of your life with . I joined this site this week and it’s so sad to hear that lots of people are going through awful times of grief but it has made me realise I’m not alone. Sending you a hug x

1 Like

Thank you
And I’m so sorry for your loss ,it is so sad how many of us have lost our love ones ,take care of yourself, and if you need to chat and I can help sending a hug x

I know how you feel it’s hard for friends and family to understand unless they have been through it themselves. I have lost family members but nothing compares to losing my partner

1 Like