Baby Loss Blog & Story

Hi, my son Marty died last June. I went into very unexpected early labour while I was on holiday in France. Marty was with us for one week before we had to take the decision to remove his support. When I got home I decided to write and share Marty’s story, and a blog about all of my experiences and feelings in the months that have followed. Writing has really helped me, and I hope that sharing it is helping others too. My website is called Marty Matters, or I have an Instagram page @marty.matters

Thank you :heart:

1 Like

Hello @Joanna36, I am so sorry for the loss of your baby boy Marty. Thank you for sharing your blog with us; I’m sure that by sharing your own experiences, you will be helping others who have sadly lost a baby, too.

I also wanted to share some resources with you if you feel some extra support in coping with grief could be helpful for you.

• Child Bereavement UK support families with the loss of a child. They also support bereaved children. You can call their helpline on 0800 02 888 40.

• The Compassionate Friends support families who have lost a child of any age. You can call them on 0345 123 2304

• Sands - Stillbirth and Neonatal Death Society support anyone who has lost baby.
    You can visit their website at https://www.sands.org.uk

Sue Ryder also has some resources which can help.

Thank you again for sharing – you are not alone.

Take care,
Seaneen