Back and WHAM!!!!!

I have been away for a long week end with my daughter ,son in law and my little prince . What a wonderful time we had ,the accommodation was just right ,the weather we couldn’t have asked for better, the company was great.
Although I see my daughter regularly it was lovely having company 24/7 for three days .
There were no tears for three days now back home alone and wham they start tears rolling down my face as I write this post.
I have so many things to do but just can’t get stuck into any of them and I think what’s the point , so if I’m not at work or have either of my grandkids I just sit and waste my days doing NOTHING
How do we get out of this rut

4 Likes

Dear Kazzer

You are not alone. Its the same for me. As an example this is my so called life.

I lost my lovely wife Anne of 50yrs 22months ago. Despite happy family meets the inevitable always happens - back in the soulless house alone and miserable where the tears of grief hit me all over again. After Anne passed I lost interest in all my hobbies and passtimes. I no longer do Tai Chi after 19yrs. And I no longer cycle or go fishing - fishing had been a life time pursuit. Like you there are so many things that need doing but I cannot be truly motivated. Yes some just about get done if the situation demands it but I put everything off as long as I can. And like you I sit and waste my days doing nothing, other than watching TV or looking forward to drinking my strong beer late afternoon until bed time.

Sadly I don’t have an answer for you or myself. I’m not even sure now if I want a solution. Its just become a natural part of my life because at 75yrs how can I possibly start a new and meaningful life?

Take care. James.

5 Likes