Bad day

3 months since i lost my partner. Im having a really bad time this ladt week i think i expected this journey to be straightforward.one day i cope next i could stay in bed all day…i have nobody to share my grief with as dont have any contact with his sister he wasnt my kids dad so they dont feel same…just feel lost today…im trying so hard to cope with this.back to work.councelling which im not sure is helping that muchvi see friends but just want him back

3 Likes

Oh @Jan271 it is still a struggle for me and it is not straightforward. I can have 3 good days now, and then hit rock bottom. I don’t see or hear from my kids anymore but my step-children are wonderful. I found early on counselling useful to a degree. I’ve seen some friends but it’s not the same, I just want her back. I talk to her every day which I find helps. Take care and know that we are all here for you if you need us. x

Thankyou for your words im just finding it so difficult and just thought i was accepting this then boom im feeling worse than ever…praying you also find acceptance and peace

1 Like

That’s exactly what it is like. Exactly your words, it’s going OK and then “BOOM”, it hits you again. Stay here and let us know how you are feeling. We are all here for you and everyone. Love and hugs from me x

2 Likes

@Johnch & @Jan271
I think it’s normal for it to get worse as your brain accepts the reality that this has happened. The early days it’s as if it’s not real so in some ways less devastating then it hits.
Sending you both love and hugs.
Karen xxx

1 Like

Thanks @KarenF I appreciate your thoughts, as always, x

1 Like

I don’t believe there any ‘stages of grief’. It’s a complete rollercoaster but without the highs! There’s flat (which I call stable) and downs. I have very stable days and then out of the blue, I’ll be sobbing my heart out. I’ve accepted that’s how it will be for a while - probably forever. When the pain hits it’s excruciating but all we can do is ride it out. Keep posting and reading. Jean xx.

3 Likes