Bad Days

I’m currently having bad days since the sudden loss of our youngest daughter Amy, who was taken in August 2022.

I see assorted sizes of feathers sometimes at home or at my work. My husband is suffering too.

All my usual distractions aren’t working and I’m finding myself sleeping in a lot. I don’t want to do anything other than stay at home to crochet and listen to my audiobooks or watch tv.

As we live in Scotland, the weather isn’t always perfect and we’ve had too many grey and rainy days which affects my mood.

My business is doing well, but my mood doesn’t improve.
I’m thankful that our beagle keeps me company and she follows me everywhere.

Both my eldest children are busy, they have decided to go back to university, Craig wants to do History and Katie wants to do English. They’re both waiting on their favoured places to study. Then they will be off to pastures new in September.

1 Like

Hello @Jack27,

I’m so sorry for the loss of your daughter Amy. Thank you for sharing this with us. I’m just giving your thread a gentle, “bump” for you - hopefully someone will have some thoughts to share.

Take good care,
Alex

I’m stuck in a never ending cycle of staying up to the early hours then not wanting to get out of bed the next day. I cannot work up the energy to do much at all. I miss my son so much, he passed Jan 2023 and it’s still so raw. My youngest reseat his final year at university as Thomas’s passing hit him really hard, he adored Thomas. He needed to take a break and catch his breath and is in his final semester.

I lost my son Steffan in Aug 23 and I struggle to sleep but have gone back to work part time on a phased return. I’m finding it very difficult as I work with the public and sometimes cry in work and always cry in the car on the way to work as my thoughts are constantly of my lovely son , a beautiful young man. I have a daughter too and she misses her younger brother. Bad days are frequent and intense. My Mam is severely disabled with a stroke so I have to keep going - I keep her words in mind- we all loved Steffan and always will love him.

1 Like