Bam!

Dull old day so I tidied the wardrobe and **BAM! **… my husbands slippers have completely thrown me. It’s been very nearly 8 months since he passed away and I thought I was beginning to come to terms with it but here I am weeping over the keyboard. I so wish I could find peace of mind.

4 Likes

Hello @polldoll,

I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your husband. It sounds as though things are very tough at the moment and you are missing him a lot.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help you right now.

Take care - keep reaching out,

Alex

1 Like

Dear polldoll, I am so sorry for your loss. I managed to give my husband’s shirts and trousers to charity because I washed them the day he died. I just wanted them out of our house. Sometimes I manage to gather a few DVDs and bring them to the local charity shop but mostly I am crying and hiding his stuff away. I still have his shirt upstairs in our bedroom which the ambulance people cut off his body to revive him. I cannot touch it. My nightmare started four months and four days ago. Sending lots of love and hugs.

Thank you for responding Alex, health problems restrict me from going out much so I get pretty lonely. I only have nieces and nephews now, from being the youngest of seven siblings I’m all that’s left. I’m a bit dismayed not to’ve seen any of them since the funeral last October but do appreciate they have their own lives and families…feeling a bit rejected I spose. Apparently being married for 56 years and together all our adult lives is sposed to be a comfort, but it’s not. Heigh ho, it’ll be a cuddle with his dressing gown tonight…

1 Like

I know exactly what you mean Anne, I’ve packed clothes away for the time being but it’s a comfort sometimes to wear a fleece .
Ok on the outside I’m still a mess in my head. Bit of a blip today, the slippers caught me out.

1 Like

I noticed that grief and tears come in waves now. One minute I am ok, the next minute I cry my eyes out. I suppose that is the existence from now on.