Be strong - what is all that about?!

I am sick of people saying be strong - why do I need to be strong , why should I be strong, when I feel so broken and weak , I have lost my one and only mum forever , how can I be strong , I don’t want to be strong and I just don’t have the energy , I feel sad and drained , that’s how I feel…

6 Likes

Dear @tixy

I do think sometimes people are not sure how to react talking to someone who has lost a loved one especially if they have never lost anyone close to them. Their are intentions are meant well but unfortunately for you and anyone else the words can come across the wrong way.

I would try not to take it personal as they do not know how you are feeling inwardly. I do not know when you lost your mum but what you are going through is normal. Scream, shout, cry, it all helps with the grieving process.

In time you will be strong but at your pace not others. I hope today will be a ‘better’ day for you.

There is information on coping with grief and bereavement on our website here for support and help for you.

Please take care of yourself and continue to reach out.

Pepsi

I relate to you. I hate when I am asked to be strong. First of all, it’s not a switch that you can turn on and be strong and second, why do we have to be strong. I lost my mom. My best friend. She is my everything. She was the one who gave me strength to be strong. I totally understand.
I think some people say it with good intentions. Most don’t know what to say in these situations. You are not alone in how you feel. I feel the same way.

1 Like

bless you isn’t it so hard xx