beautiful daughter

I’ve lost my beautiful 18year old daughter last Tuesday from diabetes 1 iam lost numb heartbroken I can’t believe she’s gone my head is all over I don’t think I can cope crying everyday I miss her so much help me please …

2 Likes

Hello @Bow1,

I can see that you’re new to the community. I hope you find it to be a support to you, but I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter that brings you here.

Your loss is so very recent and raw, it is completely understandable that your head is all over the place. I just want to reassure your feelings are normal, and that you are not alone.

You might want to look at these two threads in which members support each other through child loss:

You might also find these organisations helpful:

• Child Bereavement UK support families with the loss of a child. They also support bereaved children. You can call their helpline on 0800 02 888 40.

• The Compassionate Friends support families who have lost a child of any age. You can call them on 0345 123 2304

Take good care and keep reaching out.

Seaneen

Hi @Bow1,
I am sorry to hear of your sad loss, to lose a child, & so young is heartbreaking, it’s understandable your so distraught. It’s a big shock. Take it one day at a time, I have always found it helpful to talk on this forum. Sending hugs of support.

1 Like

Dear Bow1, I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter. I too lost my daughter and I know how hard it is. It is baby steps and look after yourself. You are probably still in shock bless you.
I am glad you have found this site as it has been a lifeline for me. Take care and sending you big hugs xxx

2 Likes

Hello Bow1, my daughter died just over 2 weeks ago aged 30, very different circumstances. I feel your pain my lovely, it’s overwhelming and unbearable. Let me know if talking can help?

2 Likes

My daughter died 11 weeks ago today, she was 21yrs old and had a brain tumour.
I feel your pain and wish I could take it from you but I am so sorry you have to go through it, nothing will ease it yet. The first weeks you are in shock and despair. I still hate people saying it will get better because it won’t, how can it when the only thing that will make it better has gone? But it does change, it changes enough so you can breathe, and breathing is all you will do.
Use this site to say how you feel because as crazy and desperate as you feel there will certainly be others who are feeling the same, no judgement. Just desperate people trying to help each other through the very worst thing a person can go through xx

2 Likes

Hi @Bow1, I hope you find some comfort from knowing that so many other mothers know and understand just how devastating and painful it is to lose our darling daughters, or sons. I lost my beautiful Madeline 7 months ago and the longing to see her face, hold her, hear her voice is overwhelming, but I know just can’t be. Hang on one minute, one hour, one day at a time. The grief won’t go away but your ability to cope and deal with it will grow around it. Thinking of you xxx

1 Like