Been away a while...

I remember getting some supportive messages last time I was here and so I’m back.

This is due to the prospect that my wonderful brother is dying. Although he has been ill since Christmas the idea of losing him was only brought home to me today when he has been released from therapeutic care into the care of the GP and MacMillan nurses.
I feel I may need some support although he is still with us- is that morbid?
I just heartbroken as me and my brother have been very close and I cannot imagine him not being here anymore- which is maybe selfish?
I’m feeling pretty lost just now so I’m trusting that there are some here who can give me some support whilst my family say good-bye to someone we love so very much. Thankyou.

I’m so sorry about your brother, @passerby. I’m just giving your thread a gentle bump - the community is here for you.

They may have already shared this with you, but if not, Macmillan offer support to the families of people living with cancer, too. They have online chat which is open until 8pm every day. They also have a free support line that you can call on 0808 808 00 00.

Take good care and keep reaching out,
Seaneen

I too lost my brother recently, we are very close. He had a simple surgery that went wrong, never regain conciousness. all he said the last sentance is not to worry I will be back in a few days time. Everyday I regret not asked him understand more. Angry, felt abandon.
If you still have the time , be next to him. Tell him how much you treasured him, the memories you have together.
One of my neighbour unexpectedly given me a stone. Quote
Brother
your life was a blessing
your memory a treasure
you are loved beyond words
And missed beyound measure

Take care

1 Like

Oh Cloudy thankyou so much for your kind message. I am so sorry about what happened- no one should die because an operation presumably without much risk, went ‘wrong.’ If you want to say more I will be here to listen.
My brother is my friend too. He has been ill with lots of things for a long time, mostly diabetes and then leukaemia and now pancreatic cancer.
I suppose it is a privilege to be on this journey with him although I haven’t seen him now for more than a week he should be home with a care package tomorrow.
I love the quote your neighbour gave you- and what a kind thing to do!
To be honest today has been very difficult and I am really struggling. I do appreciate your message though and if you want to message again please feel free.

I still can’t stop crying whenever my brother is mentioned. I find each of us can only bear our own pain. No one else can. I am the youngest of five. All of them left me now. my second brother die of leukaemia aged 38. Another work collleague who is like a bother to me die of pancreatic cancer. I did look after him a short while until he pass away. I had the chance to say goodbye.
I wasn’t able to be next to this brother as we live in different country. thousand miles away. More pain for not able to be next to him.
Be there for your brother even is a quiet one.

My brother passed away today. I didn’t get the chance to say good-bye but his wife and children were with him. I still haven’t had time to process what happened, but I sat and talked with the family tonight and there was a lot of love around that table.

Tomorrow I have to spend the weekend with my daughter and her family as it is my grandson’s birthday. Life is full of joys and sorrows.

Take care

Im so very sorry for the loss of your brother. I have no words :broken_heart::sleepy::people_hugging:

Thankyou so much. I will miss him every day.

I wish you healing and peace. May his memories brings you comfort and strength. :candle:

Thank you very much