Belated grief

So, I lost him 7 weeks ago…I have spent these last weeks dealing with everything on a practical level. From funeral arrangements to changing the tenancy agreement and hundreds of things between. Nobody warns you though of the fact that the grief only really hits home once these immediate jobs are done… Feeling really empty right now :frowning:

Hi. E from W.
I know, I lost my wife last November and it is very painful still. I found the same. For weeks after I was so busy dashing here and there. So much to do then, Wham!!! Silence!!! That’s what really got me and has since. BUT, I’m coping and it does get just a little bit better. I have my moments, we all do when it hits us as to what has happened. But we need to weather the storm days and know that eventually the sun will shine again. Forget, never, how could you when a half of you has been taken away. But adapting to new circumstances is what it’s about. We humans can and do adapt. Take care and feel safe here. No judgement or criticism, jut old fashioned empathy and help. Seven weeks is such a short time. You are still raw from shock. I know it’s the old cliché but it’s true. ‘One day at a time’, or even one hour at a time. This process of grief can’t be hurried. Take care.
LOVE the dog. Is it yours??

E from E…you lot your dear hubby on the day they buried my Richard…7th May…Yes I am still very much suffering daily pain, cant even tell you how much tears I have shed, they wont be my last tears…not a day goes past I dont break down and have a cry…
Yes the first few week we are faced with so much to do, so much to organise, so much to change over to our name and so forth, it is after the funeral when our so called friends and neighbours stop visiting, this is when it really does hit home…

Jackie…

Thank you Jonathan - I am so sorry to hear of your loss - so recent too, you must still be very raw. Your words are really comforting to me and it is so helpful to hear from someone that understands at last… The dog was our’s but he was sadly put to sleep in November last year at the grand old age of 15. Pretty impressive for the breed. He was an amazing dog, almost human in his sense of empathy - he was so quick to pick up that something was wrong and was the first to be by your side to comfort. He was my husband’s dog and a little piece of me likes to think he went ahead to guide his master… fanciful perhaps, comforting definately. Bless you for listening and responding when you are in a bad place yourself

Bless you Jackie… so recent for you too :frowning: I can’t imagine right now that this pain / feeling of isolation will ever go away for me but I am trying desperately to find something to focus on in the hope that it will be at least a temporary distraction if nothing else. You don’t mention whether you have any family or friends close by, or if you have a job you will be returning to but I am hopeful that one of those avenues will open an opportunity for you that you can find solace from somewhere. X

E from W…( sorry Idont know your name )
…I am 68, my partner Richard was 74…we were both retired ( so much for working all our lives and enjoying our retirement ) I have MS, was diagnosed same date just four years ago, as my Richard died at home 11th April…

Jackie…

E from W…I have been meaning to say, I simply love the photo of your dog…I too am-was a dog person, doesnt seem that long ago I was walking three ( the loves of my life, apart from Richard… ) I had always told Richard that my dogs always came first…he knew I meant it, this is-was my type of humour, something I always ribbed him over…

1 Like

Again, I meant to have added, we had had a couple of Cocker Spaniels…

They are our family as much as the human versions … :slight_smile: