Bereavement

I lost my Dad just over 4 weeks ago, it was sudden and unexpected and I am devastated. The pain I am feeling is undescribable. I didn’t get to say goodbye and I have all these emotions going through my head which I am struggling to make sense of. At the moment I just need to be around people where as my sister has shut herself away. I know that grief affects us all in different ways

1 Like

Hi, and welcome to the community. You are right about everyone reacting differently to grief and we need to remember we are unique in our own way. There’s no set rules to grieving and grieving knows no rules or boundaries which makes it even harder to understand. The other thing is it never makes any sense and trying to work out the whys is really a useless excise. Take each day as it comes, taking small steps and do what seems right for you at the time, tomorrow may be totally different, it is so hard and unpredictable. Don’t be hard on yourself, you will get through this. Read others post because it all helps you to understand how you are feeling and we are always here for you. Take care.
S xx

2 Likes

During grief, we don’t need to make sense of things. Sense is not something that serves those grieving purpose. Allow your emotions to exist and be, allow yourself to fully embrace how you’re feeling. Your sister has obviously recognised she needs to be alone. You have recognised you need to be around other people which is great and the first step toward getting better. Get in touch with old friends, family members. Make sure you surround yourself with people who love, understand and care about you. Wishing you love and light.

2 Likes

Thank you for your kind words x

1 Like