Bereavement

I lost my wife last year after 34 years of being together, it’s getting harder not easier, how do you all cope?

Hello @Syd.1958,

I’m so sorry to hear about your wife. It sounds as though things are very different for you after 34 years of marriage and you are feeling that the pain of losing your wife is getting harder.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few resources with you that may help you right now.

Take care - keep reaching out,

Alex

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate everybody is going through the same issues in different stages, I’ll just carry on the best way I can.
Regards,
Syd.

Hi , sorry for your loss . My husband died 14 months ago . I also find it is getting harder. I think the reality of it all .has finally hit me . I feel he is getting further and further away from me . Also I think people think I should be over it by now . Not a chance . I will never be get over missing him .and wanting my happy life back . We had been together since both 16 . He died at 59 years old . He is all I had known all my adult life . Please keep posting on these sites . I have found it helps me .xtake carex

Your posts resonate with me. I was married 37 years and lost my husband September 2021. I was 21 when we met. Struggling now despite my lovely family. Have had so many changes in the last 12 months. Finances, work, daughter got married, first grandchild due. I miss my husband every day. Hugs to you all x