Bereavement

Hello, I’m new to this. I lost my husband suddenly on the 11th of February. He was 62 and was in good health. I just can’t get past the trauma of trying to do cpr and it not working.

2 Likes

I’m sorry for your loss.It’s a traumatic situation to be in that you will never forget I was asked to do cpr but was unable to the paramedics arrived within 5 minutes and performed cpr for 20 minutes but I knew it was too much late.Those memories creep up on me even though it’s 11 months ago.There’s no answer to it really we just have to hope it’s not so raw further down the line.It’s not your fault you couldn’t save him don’t blame yourself.x

Hello, same for me my husband was 62, fit, healthy, slim no symptoms nothing and had massive heart attack, we live 5 minutes from local hospital so paramedics got here really quick, he was still conscious but arrested twice in the ambulance, on life support and 4 days later gone. It was 12mths in March for me so very early days for you, I was in shock and numb for about 3mths as couldn’t process the trauma. I still have flashbacks to that day but it’s normal to keep replaying it, it’s part of grief and your brain trying to process it all. The raw intense grief does get easier to bear but that’s when the deep sadness sets in but having said each person’s grief is different. Just take each day at a time and I my do what you are able to. There isn’t a fix only time

I understand how you feel my dad passed away suddenly and I had to do CPR. I am really struggling to deal with it and have problems sleeping. Just want the pain to go away :sleepy:

I’m wondering whether anyone has had counselling as I’ve got my name on a list but there’s a wait. Has it worked for anyone? I’m on medication from the dr and if on a day I don’t take it I replace it with wine. The reality is too much to bear really. We were due to go on a cruise and renew our vows as we’re 25 years married but been with each other for 44. Numbing the pain seems like the only option but I know it’s storing up trouble for later on. Thanks for your messages.

So sorry for your loss,i lost my husband early January this year but my circumstances were not the same as yours. You done the best for your husband,

I lost my partner two weeks ago today, he was 43. I was there then died and watched then do 45 minutes of resus. The me by his side fur the last two rounds I held his hand against my cheek. I’m 38.

1 Like