Bereavment support groups?

Hi, I’ve found counsellors etc… but feel I would benefit from a support group that I could go too that is made up with other people who are widows/widowers to gain support & talk in a relaxed environment with other people who are going through the same thing, I have searched but all I can find is counselling or on line support groups which are great but would be nice to meet up with people, I live in Canvey Island anyone know of anything?

1 Like

Probably your best contact is your own doctor who should have information for you.

Gogs

Hi Flower Garden,

Did your husband get any support from a hospice when he was ill? The hospice may have a group, or may be able to point you in the right direction.

Cruse Bereavement also organise support groups. You can find your nearest Cruse service here: https://www.cruse.org.uk/get-help/local-services

Hi, I’ve been in touch with the local hospice the6 ron5 have support groups, asked Gp and asked cruse, I’m surprised I thought it woul£ have been a good idea to meet face to face with people and support each other

I’m sorry to hear you haven’t found anything in your area. You could also try WAY (Widowed and Young, for under-50s) or Way Up (for 50+). They are not formal support groups, they are forums a little like this one, but they are more geared towards helping people connect with others in their area and organise meet-ups and social events.

Thanks, I.ll try that, it sure is strange To have to look for places like this when you.ve been used to having the company of your husband to rely on.

I have joined Rock Choir, google it. No previous experience required, just a lot of fun. I have met a lot of widows like me, ladies who have lost parents or children. We are all very supportive of each other, my husband passed away three months ago and I have found talking to others in the same position helpful. We now go out for coffee in the week. Well worth considering. Xx

Thank you, I’ve looked and there is a rock choir not too far from me, I think I will give it a go!

Hi ,I live on Canvey Island ,I lost my husband in Jan 21 .I also have been looking for a group,I’m finding I’m still as raw today as when I lost my Darling husband. I notice you lost your partner almost 3 years ago ,so may not be on the group now.I hope you are though !